“Great Food and Good Prices”
Review of Al Dente

Al Dente
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Dente is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 3,331 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed November 13, 2012

The food here is great, the service was great and the prices are good. Try the Eggplant Rollatini for an app........so good!

Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

Every moment was wonderful from the sangria to the service , from the apps to the main course. The bruschetta was scrumptious as a starter and we followed with calamari. Tender morsels in a rich sauce . My fave was the fra diavlo sauce that cloaked my shrimp and broccoli over penne. Everyone at the table loves their meals and the service was cheerfully impeccable .

Reviewed November 12, 2012

There are so many good Italian restaurants in North Boston, but for great food this is the place. Great food, everyone loved their dish and the service was great. Make a reservation and don't let the guy at the door intimidate you. Restaurant is small and loud, but worth it.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

For our last night in Boston, we wanted a good, hot Italian meal. We had passed Al Dente several times while walking and decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed. Marjie, the waitress, was so friendly and made our meal a delight. I ordered the gnocchi and they were light and fluffy. The tomato sauce they came in was so flavorful. It had sun dried tomatoes, capers and lots of mushrooms. I ate the whole serving! The accompanying bread was fresh and crusty. My husband had a beef tenderloin special. The beef was wrapped in proscuitto and was fork tender. The risotto side was some of the best I have ever eaten. It was cheesy, creamy and so good! This is definitely a place worth visiting. I plan to return on my next visit. Delicious! Great service! Huge portions! Nice atmosphere!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband and I started visiting Al Dente years ago when we dating. The secret has been let out because it's been more busy over the years, but it's definitely worth the wait. The atmosphere is what I would imagine it to be in Italy (probably wrong), the waitstaff are quick, and there hasn't been a dish that I didn't like (I always go for the homemade pasta).

2  Thank Porkachop

Been to Al Dente? Share your experiences!