“Amazeballs”

Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Neighborhood: North End
Description: The original location founded in 1973 offers a friendly dining atmosphere. With only twenty seats, you are guranteed fast, effecient service and fresh seafood! This will be an experience to remember. The chalkboard menu features all the classic dishes, in addition to weekly specials! Bring a friend and join the fun!
Reviewed May 7, 2014

Worth the wait... join someone's table if you have to(we did). There is a line out the door, but OH SO DELISH!!! You will not regret standing in line for this place.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

My birthday, and waited about 45 minutes to get in on a Saturday evening as the Bruins finished a game, so bad timing.
Worth the wait.....YOU BET!!
Service was great (Thanks to Nic ...I think) menu is understood with the staffs help and the drinks menu is straight forward.
Plastic cups but, hey so what!!
Had the fried calamari for starters, so recommended. Followed that with a pan of home made pasta with perfectly cooked scallops, muscles and prawn...just sumptuous and Pinot !!
Yes, it's small, yes you have to wait maybe, yes you sit with a Max of 20 people in a kitchen as they do the food but the smell, the buzz, the food are all super
Highly recommended

Reviewed April 25, 2014

All-in-all, a good place, small, tight space with tasty food and I enjoyed watching the chef cooking a few feet away, which gives it an interesting atmosphere. I had great calamari for starter, too much for me to finish, and I didn't have the big size! Broiled swordfish for entree which was juicy and tasty. Wine in plastic glass but was better than vino in many posher places. It's a small place and we had to wait for 20 mins to be seated but it didn't feel like we were rushed out when we were in there. The service had charmingly chilled and relaxed.

1  Thank chris b
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I do not recommend this restaurant. The service staff was unbelievably rude. The woman put her hand in our faces and told us to wait while they set the table and it was set by the time she finished waving her hand in our faces. The chef was rude and unfriendly--told us that he doesn't recommend anything because he doesn't like seafood.... We were so appalled by how rude everyone was that we left without eating. Terrible experience.

3  Thank Catherinemorland
Reviewed April 5, 2014

It is a nice setting, and in warm weather it must be specatular. Their earlier restautant has always had wonderful Italina food, amd we wanted to try the new spot. The food did not disappoint - the same fine black pasta, clams, lobster diablo, nice sauces. The service was very clunky. We got our salads and within two minutes later had our entrees. We had hardly tasted our Caesars. I was asked if I was fine with an entree which was white pasta and a calamari sauce. Ot sounded good but I ordered black pasta and a clam souce, so I declined and requested what I actually ordered. Our cannolis were ordered after dinner, but two waiteres werent too sure why it took so long. Later they said they made the filling fresh - nice but bad timing. I'd go back, maybe for lunch. Maybe it was an off night, we all have those.

Been to The Daily Catch? Share your experiences!