“Awesome pasta and seafood”
Review of The Daily Catch

The Daily Catch
Ranked #54 of 3,202 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Cash Only, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North End
Description: The original location founded in 1973 offers a friendly dining atmosphere. With only twenty seats, you are guranteed fast, effecient service and fresh seafood! This will be an experience to remember. The chalkboard menu features all the classic dishes, in addition to weekly specials! Bring a friend and join the fun!
Ghent, Belgium
“Awesome pasta and seafood”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The place is quite small, no more than 15-20 people could fit in there, the kitchen is open and therefore it's quite warm in the restaurant. We had read about it on tripadvisor, went there early to avoid the queues (that we did see when we left), and it was great. I had the black pasta (colored with squid ink) and my wife had the shrimps, both were simply amazing and are recommended.

This place doesn't look fancy, but has some of the best pure food taste out there and I would have no hesitation of going back or even queuing to get in!

• Visited July 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
North Andover, Massachusetts
“Love that Black Pasta!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you love fine seafood, great pasta and a cozy ambience, The Daily Catch in Boston's North End it THE place to go. From raw cherrystones to Sicilian mussels to scallops, shrimp and broccoli accompanied by the signature black squid-ink homemade pasta, the Daily Catch will wow your taste buds! Prices are reasonable, portions are good sized- not too big and my only wish was for more broccoli...being a veggie fiend. We consistently have a great meal there. Go early so you avoid the lines. Seating no more than 20 or so folks it fills up fast. And yes, there is no bathroom, the places across the street can accommodate that need and also provide desserts!

• Visited June 2013
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great location and menu”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

What a location - on the water, near the Boston Harbor Hotel. Lots of covered outdoor tables. We both had fantastic shrimp and scallops with grilled veggies. It was a late lunch, so I think we were actually ordering off the dinner menu, which made it a little pricey for lunch, but I'm glad we went.

Visited June 2013
LaPorte, Indiana
“Very Fun Place”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were lucky to have got in. A tiny place with only 20 seats huddled around a small open kitchen. We had Calamari and clams for appetizers and a seafood pasta dish for the main course. The main dish consisted of a cut up whole lobster, shrimp, clams, squid and mussels in a large dish of pasta and marinara sauce. It was great and not even one of their better dishes according to the waitress. You can see the chef prepare the whole meal and watch him dispatch the life Lobster with a large cutting knife. It may sound cruel but it was fun to watch at the time. The dish was very expensive at $74 dollars, but my 6' 3" son and I shared it and could not finish it. Many of their other dishes were much less expensive. I'm rating the atmosphere high because I love small fun places like this that are very informal. You may not want to take children here because you might be waiting a awhile and it is cramped. The service is great once you are seated but when you are waiting outside you must be patient. Once last thing, you must pay with cash.

• Visited June 2013
North Platte, Nebraska
“Tasty - Small - Very Different”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I like to find these kinds of restaurants. Small and unique. Meaning very small. The food was pretty darn tasty. I had the black pasta with Calamari and my husband had linguini with clams. Service was good, but not an atmosphere where you feel you can linger. We were crammed in a tiny two top table facing the street where people were lined up to get in. We hit the timing part just right. What was great was that people inside the restaurant were sharing their apps with people standing in line! The wine was good although served with plastic cups. Menu was unique. Food was good. With all the choices in Boston, I don't think I would do it again. But every one should try it once!

• Visited May 2013