“A Must in North End” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: North End
Milton
“A Must in North End”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Cannolis and lobster tails a must. There are so many different types of cannolis to choose from. Worth the wait. Line will move fast.

Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toledo, Ohio
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I discovered this place last year on a business trip and have made it a mission each time I am in Boston to make it back as often as possible. If you like cannolis and other Italian inspired pastries, you will love this place. I am a big fan of their macaroon (try the white cherry or the pistachio), the Napoleons, and their Boston cream puffs. Be aware of the potential for a significant wait at night when the post-dinner crowd comes out. Also, there is very little organizaiton there (it isn't easy to see where the line starts) and people tend to bunch up at the counter so don't be afraid to move your way ahead if you see an opening. Prices are not bad, only a few tables to sit down and most people are walking out with their little white boxes. Don't miss it when you are in town.

• Visited March 2013
“Great cannoli!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here during our first trip to Boston just to try their famous cannolis. It's soo hard to choose a flavor because there are just so many but I can't imagine any flavor being bad. We got the mocha and chocolate cream. They did not disappoint, and would gladly get those flavors again. We also go a red velvet cupcake, it was good but not great. I prefer cream cheese frosting with red velvet and it was just regular sweet white icing. Go for the cannolis! A must try. Remember cash only though.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Most Amazing Thing I've Ever Tasted”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

To preface, I worked at an Italian bakery for 5 years. All through high school, still sometimes pick up a shift if they need me. These canolis were voted best in the state! I thought I knew all there was to know about Italian desserts.

I went to Mike's and got SCHOOLED. Just, omg. The plain, ricotta canoli shells are covered in some kind of ridiculous amazing toffee crunch thing. However they cook them, I need to know. But there are many kinds of canolis, and different shells to match each kind of cream. This place is just genius. Luckily we didn't have to wait - go late, right when they're closing/a little before, I think that's the trick!

Visited February 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waiting in line for this”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

I love a good cannoli. I was impressed with the Florentine which is a lace cookie rolled in to a shell and stuffed. The regular cannoli were not so impressive. The cream is heavy in texture but little on flavor. The shells are little on flavor as well but also felt old (kind of soft).

Visited August 2012