“Mouth watering, finger licking, scrumptious.” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: North End
Boston, Massachusetts
“Mouth watering, finger licking, scrumptious.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I LOVE the Lobster Tails and their Tiramisu. I always get a kick from taking visitors to a bakery and telling them they should order a "Lobster Tail." They look at me as if I were nuts! Until the order comes...well worth waiting for a table and then taking a dozen home. Their cannolis, breads, cookies and MARZIPAN are awesome too! I love the Florentine Cannoli, which is sort of caramelized..hard to describe: You just have to go try it!

Visited November 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Easton, Connecticut, United States
“Not your typical Cannoli!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I have worked in an italian bakery growing up and often frequent italian bakeries in the bronx and little italy new york. So when told that Mike's Pastry had the best cannolis ever I had to visit. Like many of the reviews said the line was long but moved fast. When we got to the counter I was swept up with the fast talking servers and quickly spewed out 12 cannolis we wanted. I had a plan of just buying one and seeing if they were the authentic ricotta tasting cannolis but as I said when you get to the counter you can't just buy one. However, I wish I did. The authentic cannoli with the ricotta creme was very disappointing. The cheese which is the main ingredient to either making or breaking was very very sweet. Not a true Italian cannoli. However, the lemon filled cannoli was the best I tasted because it reminded me of something other than a cannoli and just a pastry. Would not go back again and for $3.50 a canolli a poor lesson to learn. Next time I will try Marias Pastry!

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Waltham, Massachusetts
“Best Canollis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Amazing cannolis! The Florentine cannoli is to die for and the chocolate covered cheese cannoli is also amazing. I always want to try something different besides a cannoli when I go to Mike's, but they are just so good that I can't bring myself to not order a cannoli.

Visited January 2013
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Florentine Cannoli a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love going here any time I am in the neighborhood! The Florentine cannolis are my favorite kind, but they are all fantastic. I always leave with several extra pastries for the way home.

Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Bostonian's Guide to Mike's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just the facts:
1. Get a cannoli.
2. Get the lobster tail - it's surprisingly lighter than you'll expect and completely delicious.
3. Walk in & get left. Don't wait in the line that goes out the door - that's for tourists who believe that there is an order to that line. (I've made this mistake.)
4. Sit & order from the table-service waitress. She is fast!

The method behind the madness at Mike's:
It may look like there is a line out the door but don't wait in it - instead grab one of the first-come first-serve tables in the front of the bakery and a waitress will be over shortly to take your order. (Do not order at the counter & then sit unless you're ready for a steely glare from said waitress.) If you don't want to sit, go directly into the bakery and head to the far (far) left side of the counters where the lines are shorter once you're ready to order (once at the counter be ready to order, this is not the place to make decisions :) ). The staff don't pay attention to the line (they pay attention to whoever is standing in front of them) and they don't take time to provide instructions to those waiting in the line in an effort to make your wait more efficient - hence go where the line is shortest - i.e. the far left! You're not cutting those in the line along the far right side unless they smarten up as they enter and hope over to the line-less left side of things (which they won't because it's confusing and chaotic - take my advice and rise above).

• Visited October 2012