“Tasty Italian Food”

Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Ate there on a Saturday night during a feast day outside. We had reservations & were seated promptly. The bruscetta was average. The veal parm. and lasgna were delicious. Could have easily shared, but instead brought half of it home for leftovers. No room for dessert. Rose wine was from Cali, so nothing special there. The major downside was the noise - it was difficult carrying on a conversation. That is the reason for the poor atmosphere rating. It was good, but next time we will try another North End restaurant.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Ate here with some friends and thought the food was good. I shared chicken with mushrooms and artichokes with my son because we didn't want to have too much food to take home, but we ended up snacking on some pasta from our friend's plates. I wouldn't recommend sharing if it's not a pasta meal. You'll be hungry. You could share pasta meals as those portions were much bigger. I loved my chicken dish...very tender, but the sauce was a bit salty. Which brings me to water. There wasn't enough flowing. The service was a bit sluggish.

1  Thank TheM's
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We are always sure to visit this restaurant when we visit Boston. While it is usually noisy, the food is great. They have a good selection of Italian favorites and now have a summer menu that includes a great antipasto plate. They are usually busy so service can be a little slow but it is worth the wait.

There are many restaurants in the North End, but this seems to be the one that locals go to.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

The ravioli and veal marsala were very good. Service was a bit spotty (waiter was working too many tables). We have eaten at this restaurant numerous times in the past and have had consistently good food.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Lo Contes for almost 20 yrs it has never disappointed. The Chicken Broccoli and Ziti is the best I've ever had. The Veal Parm is the out of this world. The bread is always fresh the apps are great. I have two young children and we always feel welcome and accommodated.