“Nice restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Lucia Ristorante

Lucia Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucia Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #146 of 3,188 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Harris Street
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Nice restaurant with good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We took our chances in the North End and after passing many full restaurants, we came upon this one by chance. It was busy, but they squeezed us in. We weren't disappointed. The food was delicious and the service very good.

I tried the 'Marco Polo' signature dish, which I thoroughly enjoyed. My wife had the scampi, which she also said was good. Our server was Mike, who was vey attentive. On the whole, well worth a visit for a very pleasant dining experience.

Houston, Texas
“Convenient Location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Very convenient location across from Paul Revere Mall. Cute place, though small. Food was average...good, but not what we expected in North End. Expensive as all restaurants in the North End are, but we were a little disappointed in the food.

Sherbrooke, Canada
“Pasta was good but there was sand in the mussels”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Service was correct. The place is charming with the decorated ceilings. The meals taste good. They are near Italian kitchen, but they are not quite it. There was sand in three out of four plates of pasta alle vongole we took. This is quite disappointing, especially for your teeth. I would not be sad to go back, but I would'nt spontaneously decide to return myself. Pricing was correct too.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LaTourista85
Taunton, Massachusetts, United States
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I were out on the town for a night and checked out several places on Hanover St. I had read mixed reviews of Lucia - mostly good, but a few awful.

I have to conclude that the latter were written by shills for other competitors.

We arrived at 5:30 on a Friday without reservations, at a time when most of the restaurants were not yet full. We were greeted and seated upstairs, where there was at the time only one other couple. It was quite warm, but they readily complied with our request for air conditioning and it quickly became comfortable.
Fresh bread was brought out immediately. We chose the calamari as an appetizer, and it was cooked just right, not rubbery, delicious. We had a bottle of a chianti along with my wife's choice of lobster ravioli and mine of gamberi cacciatore. Both were delicious and portions were just right. The ravioli was fresh, and the shrimp was cooked right and tasty. For dessert I had the lemon sorbette and my wife had the tiramasu. She had espresso and I had cappucino. The waitstaff was friendly and attentive without hovering. About halfway through the meal, two large parties, about 20 people each, came in and the service continued to be fine and well-balanced among the diners. This is a definite repeat on our list.

1 Thank Bob L
River Edge
“Great Food! Great Prices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We recently went to Boston on a Girl Scout trip. We were 12 girls ages 10-12 and 12 moms. It was very hard for me to find a restaurant in the North end that would accommodate 24 people on Saturday night. I got very lucky when I found Lucia. Anthony was more than happy to work with our group to give us great choices and make it very affordable. Not knowing the area I was a little nervous about how good the food would be becaue he was so accommodating. Wow! I had nothing to be worried about. The food was terrific and staff was excellent. Great location too. A short walk across from The Old North Church. Can't wait to come back with my family.