“Italian at its best”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed July 22, 2016

A couple of tips. They do not take reservations and they only take cash. If the line goes around the corner there is a reason that the line goes around the corner. We waited in line for an hour and a half and yes you have to wait in line you can not put your name in and come back. This is a very old school place with the most amazing food I have had since Italy. Get your but in line and just know it will be worth it. the service is quick, friendly and to the point. Be happy they will serve you:) be a little European go to dinner before you are hungry and by the time you eat the wine will be perfect and the food out of this world!

1  Thank globetrottergrub
Write a reviewReviews (1,574)

Reviewed July 20, 2016 via mobile

The food is awesome and we had a great time. To get the most of this experience, you need to be aware that it is cash only, the restaurant is small and it will be very crowded. Go early enough as you will stand in line. Also, parking is very limited.

It is worth it as it is different. The concept is unique and I really enjoyed that. With regards to the food, I don't think you can make a poor choice. Our family ordered 4 different menu items and everyone was very well satisfied.

Reviewed July 18, 2016 via mobile

We heard great things about this restaurant, that we assumed must be true when we approached the restaurant and saw a line out the door.
However, I have to agree with the previous review that reports the rush to turn the table over and get another guest seated appears to be top priority.
After we ordered, the waitress said "Are you sure that's all you want? you can't add more later".
And I personally heard the guy bussing tables asking the people at the neighboring table "Are you done yet?" On TWO occasions.
The food was okay, but nothing special.
I will say, our food came quickly, and piping hot. It was priced fairly..
But truly, there are LOTS of places where you will get as good a food, with
Much better atmosphere and service.

1  Thank jillpillrn22
Reviewed July 15, 2016 via mobile

Considering you are in a haven of Italian eateries, this place falls short of all expectations. The food is ok - nothing makes you want to scream out for more. The service is rushed and rigid, where turning tables is more important to the owners than a complete meal experience. Honestly if you find yourself in the north end, there are countless other restaurants that will satiate your craving for quality Italian but with cheaper prices, shorter waits, and much, much better service.

Date of visit: August 2015
3  Thank mcaloo
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

This seems to be an authentic Italian restaurant. We waited in line a little over 45 minutes, but we didnt mind. The place is very small and sometimes during our meal it was loud. If you have a problem with people getting into your personal space, then this is not the place for you. I personally enjoyed the homey atmosphere. The service was great and the food was delicious. The menu is written on a blackboard on one wall and the specials on another wall. We ordered the calamari. My husband the sword fish with pesto and linguine. I ordered the lobster, mussels, clams in red sauce and linguine. We ordered a bottle of the house wine for $20.00. I believe the total bill was apprx $78. Bring cash. This place is great and we had a wonderful time. TripAdvisor has never failed me.

1  Thank CFFausti