“Amazing”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: North End
“Amazing”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Small and cozy setting. May need to wait to get seated. Food was amazing !! It was cash only- not sure if only tonight but come prepared. had to sent hubby to ATM ! Well worth it !!!

1 Thank csmarceau

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Toronto, Canada
“I would fly back just for their Seafood Pasta!”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This place does not look like much on the outside, but the food is INCREDIBLE! We waited outside in a line that stretched one block. The resto is close to a liquor store, that's all I'll say about that... but I will say we had a GREAT TIME in line. By the time we got to the front of the line we had made friends with the people who waited in line around us. When we were seated we were seated close to others we had stood outside with and a special community and comradery was instantly formed. People were sharing thoughts on their wine, meals, and appie choices. I'm Italian and it it felt like being in a family friends dinning room. Loud, boisterous, and DELICIOUS.

We ordered the seafood pasta platter for 2, with a kick of spice. The sauce was perfect, not too thick and very flavorful. The lobster was fresh and the dish had a healthy portion of mussels and scallops as well.

I would highly recommend this spot to anyone looking for a delicious meal, entertaining/anything goes evening, as well as Italian family style service.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank LoraxGirl
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Prepare to wait outside and to be full ”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Place was recommended by a few and again by a couple standing in line. Plan to wait outside because this place apparently is always busy. It was when we arrived on a chilly Sunday evening around 830pm. It tiny inside for sure. Close quarters to your neighbouring table yes so be prepared for that too. If you have personal space concerns then maybe this is not for you. Once inside just sit gander at the menus on the wall and wait until one of the seasoned waitresses takes your order. These ladies have been there a long time you'll be able to tell. They are friendly for sure but could be a little slow for some peoples service standards. But have no fear the drinks and food came quick and it came filling the WHOLE plate if not almost overflowing. You will not starve here and I almost say to share a plate of pasta between 2 if you plan to have appetizers. The Ravioli plates were fine in portion it's just all the other main pastas. No one will be complaining as I'm sure you'll have a doggie bag for tomorrow's lunch at work. The kitchen is RIGHT there in front of everyone. I like these concepts. You can see what's happening and can interact with the chefs at the 2 bar seats if you get them. Bills are still all hand written so that also gives you an idea of how things have been running for some time also. We didn't do dessert as there are sooo many pastry shops and cafés around but I'm sure it was delightful.

This place is ideal for parties of 2-4. Anything more than you could be waiting a while and very cramped up together.

All in all I recommend for a cozy Italian evening with home style portions. Enjoy! I would return for sure.

1 Thank SKottee
Providence, Rhode Island
“Go Here!”
Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Found Giacomo's on trip advisor and gave it a try. Waited in line for about 20 min in driving snow. They had to really knock it it if the park after that. The service was phenomenal the food was out of this world and the price was unbelievable! We will be back every trip to Boston and would wait twice as long. Bring cash they don't accept anything else.

2 Thank Tom M
Tucson, Arizona
“To Die For”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Waiting in line was not too long and the food was well worth the wait! My husband had lobster ravioli and I had the chicken marsala! It was exquisitely good food! It a very small restaurant and we shared our table with the couple we were talking with in line while waiting to get into the restaurant. Our service was impeccable and I definitely recommend this restaurant!

• Visited November 2013