“Excellent Food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed November 14, 2013

My husband and I were on our first trip to Boston and wanted to eat in Little Italy. Our daughter had been there and recommended Giacomo's. I read a review that stated that the wait time could be up to 2 hours so we decided to get there when they opened at 4:30. There was already a party of 13 people ahead of us. The place is small so it's a little tight but the food is so good that it's worth it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had fried calamari for an appetizer which was very good. I had linguine with shrimp and scallops in marinara sauce. It was delicious. Make sure you have money with you because they don't accept debit or credit cards. There is an ATM right across the street. When we were leaving there was a long line waiting to get in. A couple of people stopped us and asked if it was worth it and we said "Definitely". Eat at Giacomo's and enjoy.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you are willing to wait outside, pay cash, and go without dessert - this is an amazing place. It is a small place in the North end of Boston that has a line up regardless of the weather. I have never stood outside in weather of 35 degrees Fahrenheit for an hour to be seated in the small restaurant, but I did. Once we were inside and food in front of us - it was well worth the wait. The Chicken Marsala was outstanding - perfect blend of flavors! The atmosphere is contagious - people at one table talking to the other tables - very cozy, very lively, and just fun! Great wine list and great selections on the menu. I would go back and convince my husband to join me in the wait that is well worth it!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We lucked out and just walked in and got a table which we learned obviously doesn't happen often. There is usually a line to get into this place that starts at 4:30. We like it so much the first night we went back and got in line the second night. GREAT FOOD but be warned its a very small place and you will be sitting extremely close to other people. Try this place at least once, you will miss it after you leave Boston. We still whine how much we would like to go back!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Giacomo's was the first restaurant we went to in Boston. We had never been to North End, nor did we understand the culture of waiting in line for dinner. So glad we started our culinary tour here.

We got into line until 8pm on a Saturday night after reading through restaurant reviews. It took us 45 minutes to get a table. Apparently, that's "not bad." The wait didn't bother us, and we think it shouldn't bother you either - because it's worth it.

Once we sat at our table, Donna came over and gave us the newbie spiel. Menu is on the board, these are the sauces, specials over there or on the back of this card. What do you want to drink (we got the $18 montepulciano). She arrived with the wine, which was good, and got our starters ordered (broccoli and a small cesar). She tended a few other tables, then was back to get our entree order. We both got a 1/2 lobster/mussel/clam special for $20 - one in scampi sauce, the other in their signature lobster/"pink" Giacomo sauce. At the end of our dinner, we did see Donna tending to another group with what can only be described as a mother's patience. A+ on the service.

Food review: Broccoli was delicious in it's butter, garlic and wine sauce. The cesar salad we didn't love - salad was super cold, dressing tasted watered down on some bites, full of flavor the next. Pasta was expertly cooked, and in a quantity large enough to satisfy us (we boil 1lb for 2 people at home). Seafood was exceptional - lobster slid out of the shell, clearly cooked to just the right point. Mussels and clams were soft and salty. Scampi sauce was light and well balanced. Giacomo pink sauce was flavorful without being heavy.

My husband left saying it was probably one of the best meals he's ever had. Guess that means either I have to step up my game or we'll just go back to Giacomo's.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Once again we enjoyed this little restaurant...no reservations... wait in line on the sidewalk for a table, no desert or coffee...cash only...but, the food is tops as is the service...GO!!!