“Such a happy stumble.”

Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Such a happy stumble.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I were wandering North End in the pouring rain. We walked by this place and noted it didn't open until 4pm. After a quick TripAdvisor search, we decided we'd wander more and return when they opened. Boy did we time it right! We got there about 4:30 and walked right in. There were only about 2 tables left -- the place was already that packed!! And within 1/2 an hour there was a line down the block (in the rain!) that would have been an easy hour or longer wait. The food was so affordable and absolutely amazing. We got the 2 person special of seafood over past and a bottle of wine all for a total of $65!! It was a giant plate with a whole lobster and the scallops, clams and muscles were cooked perfectly (not overcooked at all -- just perfect). Servers were fun and upbeat. Tables are kinda tight so you're awfully close to your neighbors. We'd definitely go back if we didn't live 2,000 miles away -- and we'd take everyone we know.

Just remember CASH only!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“SO worth the wait”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Went at 7pm and waited an hour to get in. I was traveling alone and was seated with another "single" in line. We ended up having a great dinner together. I'm allergic to seafood, so was disappointed the only thing on the menu I could have was chicken Marsala (chicken in chicken parmigiana is cooked in the same oil as some of the seafood). The server was very careful with my seafood allergy, even though I didn't make a big deal of it. I ordered a plate of pasta with marinara and that was still worth the wait! Yum! We also ordered some garlic bread and agreed it was the best part of the meal. Amazing. Once inside, we were not rushed and greatly enjoyed the meal. Would wait in line again just for a plate of pasta and garlic bread!

Visited July 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“WORTH THE WAIT!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

First things first. Cash only! Go for one of their specials! I had the 1/2 lobster, clams, mussels, linguine in the Giacomo sauce and I have never enjoyed an Italian meal more in my life. Walked out of the place paying 26 dollars including tip. Fast service, so don't waste time once you've sat down. Everything was cooked to perfection and the portion was huge! Highly recommend this spot!

Easton,CT
“Never Again”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stood in line for an hour in scorching heat and humidity to get a table for the first seating.Barely squeezed into the table when the waitress wanted our order. We knew we wanted calamari to start so we ordered that and she promptly screamed "calamari" to the chefs. Five seconds later she's back for the dinner order. In the pressure to decide on the entree, I mistakenly asked for fettuccine with seafood. "THAT'S NOT AN OPTION" she yells. Very nasty. If you want to wait an hour or two, be rushed and abused when you are finally crammed into a seat, choose this place. If not, there are plenty of fine restaurants such as Al Dente, Panza or Ida's who will appreciate your business.

2 Thank happytrailsEaston_CT
Los Angeles, California
“I wish I could have taken home leftovers!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

They don't take reservations or credit cards. It is a long wait in line and none of that matters. The food is a great value, simple and absolutely delicious! While you're in line, there are plenty of people to talk to and many people walk by telling you how worth it it is. Once you are seated you are served quickly and you are surprised at how tasty each bite is and it is hard to stop eating even though you know you should. If I ever get back to Boston I will eat there again so I can try the other dishes that looked equally as good as what I got. I got the pasta with salmon and red sauce. I was a little nervous since I had only had it with white sauces. It was amazing and I have never had such perfectly cooked salmon anywhere. I made sure I ate all the salmon so only pasta was left on my plate.

Visited June 2013