“Worth the wait but...”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Went to Giacomo's on a Wednesday evening at 7pm thinking that there wouldn't be a line up...well there was! We waited 45 min and there were only 10 people ahead of us. We were not dressed warmly enough and it was brutally windy and cold. Once inside though, we rapidly forgot the cold and enjoyed a side dish of calamari and a house specialty, homemade fusilli with lobster and shrimp. We also had a nice bottle of wine. Total cost 130$ for 4 people. Really great food at a very affordable price.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We went early on a weekday(about 5:30pm) and had about a 20 minute way. Food was very good. Their bread doesn't look like much but is delicious-very crunch crust with olives in it. Shrimp scampi was pretty good as well as chicken parmesean. Fried calamari was delicious, so was lobster ravioli. Homemade fusilli was good but I would try something else next time. The waitress was very nice. Would definitely go back again.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It's true that the line moves quickly and once inside, you will love the food and the staff. Who can resist pumpkin tortellini or squash ravioli. The bread comes to the table right away and is crusty on the outside and chewy on the inside. The staff is similarly textured and I love them. Treat them with respect—they keep things running smoothly. You may enjoy the tight seating and meeting a new friend or two at the table next to you. It's an experience that is quintessentially North End Boston. Don't miss it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

The lines are long but move along fairly quick. The line was all the way to the corner but our party of four was seated in an hour. The food was fabulous and the price was reasonable, but what made this dinner special was the staff. Our waiter Tony was friendly and welcoming, he reminded me of one of my old Italian uncles. He really went over the top when my son ordered a root beer, which they do not have, and said "We'll figure something out". We lost track of him until he came through the front door with the root beer. He left the restaurant and went to the store across the block to get my son a drink! Upon paying the bill, I had crisp 20 dollar bills from the ATM because they only take cash, I gave him a generous 25% tip, but two of the twenties were stuck together. Tony came back and handed one to me and said, "I know I'm good, but I'm not that good." there are not many places where either of those things would have happened.

1  Thank travelallthetime2010
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Don't be put off by the line going out the door -- those folks know where to get great italian food. The restaurant is small (I think I counted 33 seats), but the food is amazing and the wait is worth it.

We went on Good Friday - stupidly thinking the line would be shorter. Yeah, well, at 5pm - there were still 6 groups waiting ahead of us. But truly - it was worth it.

My friend had the chicken masala - (amazing) and I had the lobster ravioli, but switched out the garlic cream sauce for the Giacomo sauce (tomato cream). There were huge lobster pieces in there -- and it was 100% worth the wait. (OK, so was the Sangiovese we ordered and even the hot bread, right out of the oven, we attempted to covet from other tables).

Go - try it. You'll love it. :)