“Mama Maria”
Review of Mamma Maria

Mamma Maria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Prince Street
Transit: T to Haymarket or Government Center.
Savannah, GA
“Mama Maria”
Reviewed September 12, 2009

horrible, horrible - food not good, no selection, horrible service, and waitress with an attitude, an an unreal price to pay for crap

1 Thank bickeymo

Savannah, GA
“Cannot recommend Mama Maria”
Reviewed September 12, 2009

My daughter was recently married in Boston and on August 29th we went to dinner with family. We were all from out of town but wanted a good Italian restaurant in the North End. somehow we got to Mama Maria - great location and great old city feel and look. However, very weird and unfriendly place. I had a bad feeling as soon as we walked in with our party of 8 (we had a reservation). The menu was horrible and limited, which should of been our first clue to leave. My meal was horrible and the waitress was going to work with my order, she completely forgot to serve me and when she did there was no pasta with the chicken she so graciously wanted to have made - when I asked here about it she acted very angry that I would ask for it, and when it came it came in a side dish, it was supposed to be under the chicken as she explained how it would be done. I thought I was going to get a good meal. When she delivered my pasta finally, it was on the side and she almost jumped me when I questioned why it did not come the way she described. Not ONE person at our table was at all happy with their dinner - we paid and the bill was over 300 dollars for crap. don't go there, we had only one night left in the city and it was a horrible way to end such a lovely stay. One thing we have learned is to talk and discuss a menu prior to ordering and if it does not suit, we move on! grrrrrrrrr I was so upset with this entire restaurant's horrible food and an even more horrible waitress with an attitude - yes the tip was included in the price - too bad.

2 Thank bickeymo
Charleston SC
“"Nothing like my mother's authentic Italian food - very disappointing"”
Reviewed September 9, 2009

Party of eight dined there on 8/30 and everyone had a less than stellar dining experence! The menu was surprisingly limited; pasta overcooked and tasteless; waitress was rude; and price for value of the meal was way out of line. We are a large Northern Italian family; make everything from fresh ingredients; nothing is store bought. Mama Maria was a big disappointment!

Florida
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 3, 2009

The food was excellent and so was the service. We really enjoyed it and hope to return. Although it was expensive, it was definitely worth it.

California
“Overall wonderful experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

This was our second time eating at Mamma Maria's while visiting Boston. We ate there about 20 years ago and remembered how great it was and this time we were not disappointed. It is in a wonderful old home; the bar is cozy and the bartender is just great. The waiter was polite and accommodating but didn't hover. It is definitely upscale, romantic atmosphere. Try to get the corner table upstairs that has two windows. We would return again and again when in Boston.

1 Thank Gypsies-on-the-go