“Excellent food - reasonable service - very stuffy reception and atmosphere”
Review of Mamma Maria

Mamma Maria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Prince Street
Transit: T to Haymarket or Government Center.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We booked this restaurant a couple of days in advance - because it was out las meal of the vacation. When we arrived a very flustered young lady told us we would have to wait at least half an hour. WHen we finally got to speak to someone who knew what theyr were doing we got a table reasonably quickly.

However the table was really a table for 4 and we squeezed 6 on there. This was annoying - especially given that there was another table for 4 which was empty at the same time - and didn;t get use all evening.

Anyway - having already managed to get our hacles up and our muck-up radar was on high alert - I am pleased to say that the rest of the evening went well.

The food was excellent - relatively small portions (which is a good thing in the USA) meant we were able to have strater and main course without being over challenged.

Very imaginative cooking and presentation. - Top notch food.

ALl in all if they weren't trying to be so snobby and snooty - the evening would have been much more enjopyable - but maybe that is what the local market expects??

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Visited this restaurant while in Boston based on the great reviews and was not disappointed. We ordered the lobster pasta, bolognese pasta, veal, clam and crab pasta and halibut. All were delicious! Great service but we had made reservations so we were seated immediately upon arrival. Delicious Italian dinner in a beautiful restaurant.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

This resturant just didn't do it for me. We were able to get last minute reservations, which was convenient. Cute location in the North End, right across from Paul Revere's house. Nice romantic ambiance. Food completely overpriced and not filling. We started with the mozarella, heirloom tomatos and prosciutto. Once delivered, we realized they " forgot" the prosciutto and they were not heirloom tomatos. For $16, I expected a lot more. My entree was the lobster ravioli, which was ok. Good lobster taste, needed some type of sauce. My husband got the frutti de mare, which was just ok. This resturant was completely overpriced for mediocre Italian food. Don't waste your money, like we did.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our dinner at Mamma Maria. It is such a wonderful restaurant close to Paul Revere's house. The pasta and ingredients were so fresh! I had Bolognese pasta and it was the best I ever had. I have been to Italy numerous times and Mamma Maria is right up there with true Italian Restaurants. The service and atmosphere were great! My husband and I really enjoyed it. We were fortunate to have reservations so was able to get right in! We will be back Mamma Maria.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Simply stated... one of the best. I loved this place and will definitely make a tradition of eating here on future trips to Boston.