WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great Dinner and staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mamma Maria

Mamma Maria
Reserve with OpenTable
Mamma Maria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 3,140 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Prince Street
Transit: T to Haymarket or Government Center.
great barrington ,MA
“Great Dinner and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a weekend in Boston. We always love having a nice dinner in the the North End. Friday afternoon/evening we had walked all over the city, stopping to shop and have couple drinks randomly along the way. We ended up in the North End and walked down Hanover Street looking for a yummy place. We went down the side street and saw a group of very dressed up people standing outside the door. It looked very busy and very nice. (Apparently there was a wedding) Because we hadn't planned well, my husband had on cargo shorts, a t-shirt and flip flips. I had on cut off jean shorts, a tank top and flip flops!!! More like pub attire!!! I think because i had already had a couple drinks prior I wasn't so shy about pretending we weren't dressed up enough, so we entered and asked for a table !! The hostess definitely wasn't forthcoming and looked us up and down, however (perhaps) the manager came by and said something to her and we were seated in a small back room with 3 other tables. As soon as we were seated i realized just how nice this place was and began to feel just a tad underdressed!!! Oh well, so happy and thankful we did get seated and the waiter and busboy were both very nice. The food was AMAZING...everything melted in our mouths.
We had oysters (baked with crumb topping...was like liquid butter...and i do not eat oysters ever!!) prosciutto,arugula, buffalo mozzarella, truffles for apps. I got the short ribs with greens and couscous and my husband had the pasta with clams and fresh spring peas. I didn't try the clams, but had a bite of the pasta. Again, just sooo yummy! I had a Venentian Cosmo and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, both very good. I probably wouldn't recommend walking in looking like we did, but we will go back dressed appropriately and you should too! The menu is small, but I can't imagine there is anything bad on it.

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off here with a couple of colleagues after a recommendation. We were early, in a hurry and the place was booked out but still they were happy to accommodate us seated at the bar. The staff were so friendly and welcoming and the setting very smart, but homely. As I say, we were in a hurry (I had a plane to catch!) so only had a bowl of pasta and drinks; but the rabbit pasta was fantastic and the chianti also great. All in all could not have asked for more - thank you! Will definitely be back next time I'm in Town - if you're looking for great pasta and great service in Boston look no further!

Visited June 2013
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“It rivals Italy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

The reviews on TripAdvisor are right on. Our waiter was very helpful, professional and obviously loved his job. The atmosphere was lovely and romantic. I got the rabbit dish that was heavenly. I would love to go back and try their famous Oso Buco. Our waiter recommended a wine that was one of the least expensive on the list and was divine! I have not been back to Italy in 12 years but this experience definitely compares to my memory of meals there.

New York, NY
“Great space, delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Found this place doing a yelp search as we wanted to eat somewhere in North End. I'm glad we ended up here as it was a great meal. We sat on the "terrace" portion, although it was still indoors but we had a view of the street. The food was just delicious. I'd go again and I recommend you do to!

Visited June 2013
New York City, New York
“A very good upscale Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We found the reviews on Tripadvisor right on. We would just note the very non-standard vegetarian ravioli. Rather than the typical ricotta and spinach or pumpkin, these ones were filled with corn, sautéed arugula, and roasted red bell pepper with a hint of lemon – very, very good. The dessert, too, was an original take on the ordinary tiramisu. Ambience is relaxed and pleasant and service is professional and welcoming.