“Long waits, but great pizza”
Review of Pizzeria Regina

Pizzeria Regina
Ranked #6 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Toronto, Canada
“Long waits, but great pizza”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Let's not overhype this review, but this is basically a reiteration of what most people have already said.

LONG WAITS.
Great pizza!
Friendly service.

We ordered two whole pies for just the two of us, and killed them both as we were hungry and the pizzas were very good. Service was fast and the restaurant was clean and relatively bustling.

Visited September 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Durham, North Carolina
“Step aside, New York”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is the best pizza in the world. My whole family agrees. The first time I ever came here, we waited for almost an hour in 90-degree heat to get in, and it was well worth it. Now I insist on coming here every time we come to Boston, with the most recent trip having been earlier today when I insisted on taking friends. The interior is very cozy and the smells hit you as soon as you walk in. Some other reviewers here seem to have had bad experiences with the service, which I've never had - I've always found the waitstaff to be quite polite. On busy days (particularly weekends) they do generally try to get you in and out quickly so that they can diminish the line wrapping around the block. I highly recommend the Primavera pizza, which is piled high with delicious veggies and can be ordered with any sauce. As far as I'm concerned, a trip to Regina's is all I really need to entice me to visit Boston.

• Visited June 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Just ok”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was so excited to finally try Regina's and I have to say...we weren't impressed. We only ordered slices, rather than a freshly made whole pizza...maybe that was the issue? One too many times reheating the slices of cheese and pepperoni? I'll try it again next time I'm in the area, but this time around, this was no different than any other slice of pizza.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank christie584
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Worth visiting just to say you've experienced it once”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Despite having lived in Boston for over five years before moving back to the UK, neither myself or my wife had ever actually been to Reginas. As we were back for a visit we thought we'd go along and see what the fuss was about.

Reginas seems famed for two things, it's Pizza and its no nonsense and verging on rude customer service, and both delivered! We went mid-week and so were able to get a table straight away, luckily while waiting for drinks we were able to quickly decide what we wanted and order straight away, the table next to ours wasn't so lucky and were somewhat scorned by the waitress for not being ready to order yet.

Pizza itself was tasty, nothing mindblowing or the best Pizza I've ever had but nice all the same. We already knew the reputation of the staff, and so were not put off at all by their bruskness but some people definitely seemed put off by it.

If you plan to visit, just remember that the staff being kinda rude is part and parcel of Reginas, I'm still not sure whether its genuine or a gimmick, but they're a North end Landmark, so worth visiting just to say you've eaten there.

• Visited June 2013
Newnan, GA
“The best pizza I've ever had”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Boston has history and charm unlike any other city in New England. But, truth be told, one of the major reasons my wife and I want to visit that town over and over again is Pizzeria Regina. As long time fans of Lombardi's in NYC, it didn't occur to us that we could possibly like another pizza joint's fare even half so much. But after spending most of the day on the Freedom Trail, we wound our way from the Old North Church to Thatcher Street and sat down for the shock of our lives. Halfway through the meal we looked at each other and could read it on each other's faces: we had a new favorite pizza joint. I would make suggestions on what to order but it wouldn't matter: they're all good. Perfect crust, perfect mix of flavors, and friendly staff. If you go to Boston, don't miss Pizzeria Regina.

• Visited October 2012