“Great Stay for Marathon”

enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Great Stay for Marathon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Really nice little hotel. Excellent staff and next to the Green Line for easy access to the city. Room was bigger than expected with excellent beds. We stayed there for the Boston Marathon and it was an excellent choice. They had a complimentary spread of Gatorade, energy bars, water and more on race day. I really can't say enough about how friendly and accommodating the staff was. Great neighborhood restaurants (always better than the touristy places) are a couple Green Line stops away. The train takes about 20 minutes to get downtown, so that's not bad either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Darrin C
Aimee P, Hotel Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear Darrin C,

On behalf of the entire staff we would like to thank you for your five star review! We are elated that you enjoyed your stay during the Boston Marathon and we couldn't be more pleased that you found every staff member friendly and accommodating! We hope that we will be able to welcome you back during your next trip to Boston!

Aimee Plouffe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Hawick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

Outstanding hotel, from the moment you arrive until departure the staff at this hotel look after your every need. The hotel is immaculate I have no bad comments to make of this hotel or it's staff. My only regret is that I didn't get the chance to say " cheerio " to everybody. I will return one day, many thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Dear 25offoot,

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We are ecstatic that you enjoyed everything about the hotel and all of our staff member. We look forward to hearing "cheerio" on your next stay!

Safe Travels,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

Hotels in Boston are expensive so it's difficult to find a decent hotel in a prime location that isn't too pricey. Envision is not in the city but the T is directly outside the hotel and the journey can be as short as 20/25 minutes depending on traffic (40/45 minutes during rush hour) to Boston Common. The staff were friendly and welcoming. My room was located on the lower level so I did not have a room with a view which I was disappointed with but perhaps that would have been different if I had requested a higher floor.
If I return to Boston (which I really hope I am) I will be looking up Envision again. It was more than I wanted to spent but it was the Easter weekend and the Boston marathon was on so my options were limited! For two or three nights it was relaxing and a treat.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear DublinLadyTourist,

Thank you so much for writing a review about your recent stay at enVison Hotel. We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your stay with us on Easter weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back to Boston on your next trip! Please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 617-383-5229 and we can go over our different room options to ensure you are not on our garden level.

Groton, CT
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My daughter, youngest granddaughter and I stayed at Envision during a recent trip to Boston Children's Hospital. We drove from CT, so with the tiring trip and anxious anticipation of our appointment the next day this lovely hotel was our haven of peace during a difficult time. The two young women at the desk when we checked in were extremely friendly and eager to assist any way they could, and they made check-in and taxi reservations for the next morning an easy process. The lobby is small, but so welcoming! The decor is boutique and very calming. I especially loved the huge column of water with ice cubes floating at the top and a large bowl of grannie smith apples on the table as you enter. The room was beautifully decorated with soothing sage, brown, black and cream. The bathroom looked brand new with updated toilet, coffee bean colored vanity with integrated counter and sink, and sandstone tile. There was an iron, board, refrigerator with ice cube tray, microwave, I-Pad or phone recharger next to the beds, huge flat-screen tv, radio, clock, robes, slippers and a Keurig coffeemaker with all the necessary items. Tuesday night was Taste of Boston in the lobby. A fresh salad with blackbeans, lettuce and tomato, crispy chicken strips and two martini glasses filled with an avocado sauce and the other a ranch sauce, and a glass cruet with what appeared to be a French dressing...I was too busy enjoying the avocado to try the dressing. We then went to the downstairs gym and enjoyed the well-equipped room. Our room was located in the center of the building on the top floor, so we had no issues with street traffic. We found the room quiet and peaceful. In the morning, a young man saw to our cab reservation, and was more than friendly and helpful. We were aware of the lack of eating establishments in the area, but we had dinner at the hospital and breakfast there the next morning as well. My daughter and I will remember our wonderful stay at EnVision and would definitely return.

Room Tip: choose a top floor and try to stay in the middle of the building. Our room was 405...perfect!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ValFromCT_11
Dear ValFromCT_11,

It was such a pleasure reading your review! We couldn't be more thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could be your haven of peace during a difficult time. We can't wait to welcome you and your family back on your next trip to Boston!

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I spent two nights at the hotel, using it as a base for a quick visit to Harvard. Yes, the room was well-furnished and nicely equipped; yes, being right next to a T stop alleviated issues with being some distance from the CBD; and yes, the staff were friendly. BUT the road noise at the back of the hotel is a real issue, despite double-glazing. Sleeping with ear plugs isn't what I had in mind to help me over the flight from Australia. Potential guests should also be aware that local eateries are quite a distance away, which is a problem during wet weather and for anyone not particularly mobile.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Cliff S
Near Cliff S,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are please to hear that you enjoyed our well-furnished rooms as well as our friendly and helpful staff members. I am deeply sorry that you found the road noise to be so loud that you were unable to get a good nights sleep after a long flight from Australia. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your remarks further so that we can examine the issues you experienced. We hope that you will reach out to me directly at aplouffe@envisionhotelboston.com

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I have stayed at this property three times now. Everything is always clean and the staff is always super friendly and wanting to help you out. I am a hotel General Manager and I wish I could bring a few of my staff members with me so they can see how well the staff takes care of the guests. The hotel is out of Boston a little bit but a short walk to a T stop and you can get wherever you want to go. I will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

2 Thank atwanta
On behalf of the entire team at enVision Hotel, we would like to thank you for your kind review. We are delighted that you found our staff super friendly and helpful! Thank you for being a loyal repeat guest and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Boston!

Seattle, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Lovely rooms and excellent service with convenient access to the T and the bus. Stayed here for the marathon and found it relaxing to be away from the center of town, but convenient to get downtown when needed. Olmsted park is just out back and is a nice place to go for a run. Brookline village is also a quick walk. Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank nwstack
Aimee P, Hotel Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear nwstack,

It was such a pleasure reading your review and we are very pleased that we were able to be a convenient place for you to stay during the Boston Marathon. Olmsted park is a great place to go for run and we are delighted that you got to enjoy it! We hope we will be able to welcome you back on your next trip to Boston!