“Excellent service and very clean” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood

enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Boston
“Excellent service and very clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

A bit expensive, but service and quality of the room was great. Bathrooms were spotless which is usually of great concern to me. Room size was decent. Happy that the room came with complimentary water and keurig cups. Hotel staff was friendly helpful.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter N
Aimee P, Hotel Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review the hotel and the feedback about the room and amenities offered. We are pleased you found the staff friendly as that is something we pride ourselves on. We hope you will join us again in the future for another stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Hampton, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Stayed here for one night before an interview at a local hospital. The location was great. I chose to park on the street to avoid paying for valet and found spaces each time with no issue. The green line stops right outside, so I was able to pop over to the Prudential Center with ease. The staff was very accommodating of my request for late checkout and held my bags for me between interviews. I found the rate to be very reasonable with the hospital discount. My king room was comfortable and well appointed, if a bit noisy. The bathroom was huge! I found a few details to be a little lacking in the housekeeping/maintenance department. However nothing was significant enough to warrant blacklisting the hotel. I would definitely stay again if I had a commitment in the area or possibly after a Sox game.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SMT328
Thank you for staying enVision Hotel during your interviews at the local hospitals. We are glad that you got to enjoy the convenient location to the Longwood Medical area and the nearby T stop. We are looking forward to the start of the Red Sox season and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Alden, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights. I asked for a room on a higher floor and received the 2nd floor. I reserved a room with shower only, however received a tub. Both of these things didn't bother me enough to even mention it to the staff, but if it would matter to you - just a heads up. The room itself was adequate. Mostly important to me, it was clean. Very clean. Each room has a microwave and a fridge, which is nice. I really liked the location of the hotel also. It was a quick walk to the T but not right in the middle of everything. The staff was pleasant and helpful.
We would definitely stay here again. It isn't the biggest living area or bathroom, but it is plenty of room.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dree L
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Greetings Dree L.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are very happy that you enjoyed the refrigerator and microwave, and that our location met your needs. I would also like to apologize for the mix up in room type; when a guest makes a specific request we do our best to accommodate and I’m very sorry we did not meet your request. The best complement we can receive is when a guest says they will definitely stay with us again- we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We chose to stay here instead of a private apartment for rent across the street from family renting a condo, due to impending snow, didn't want to deal with on street parking. It was such a pleasant experience that we were glad for the change! The mile and a half didn't bother us a bit. The hotel is VERY clean, beautifully decorated and we were very comfortable. There was enough hot water, our room was always cozy and we were there during single digit weather. It was very quiet at night, little city noise. We appreciated the complimentary water everyday if we used what was there. The bedding was all very comfortable, all the extras, TV, WIFI, Refidge, microwave, mini Keurig,bathrobe, slippers, they thought of everything and at a decent cost. The bathroom is slightly on the smaller side but gorgeous and how much time does one spend there on a trip? Every single staff member we encountered was curtious, helpful and very friendly. Our car was retrieved rapidly when we needed it, always with a smile. We enjoyed returning to the hotel every evening to rest there. Need a place to stay in Boston or Jamaica Plains? You found it!

Room Tip: we were on 3rd floor facing windows facing open lot in back of building, very quiet, the heat unit w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank corinne w
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Greetings Corrine W.,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all of your wonderful compliments and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Some of the amenities such as the Keurig coffee brewers, bathrobes and slippers are just some of the items we provide to ensure you have a comfortable stay.
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!
Medford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

It was a last minute decision to stay there , due to the weather. I had a very nice room for one . It was clean, great hot water and heat. The weather was in the single digits and snowing . The bed was very comfortable , HD TV and wifi. They had some delicious apples and spring water upon registrating. In the future it would be nice to possible have wine and a few other items available for purchase. I was concerned about the noise of the city streets, ie trolleys and snow plows. They gave out ear plugs but by 11p things were quiet and I slept well

Room Tip: I have heard the upper rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Theresa S
Greetings Theresa S.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are happy we could provide you some shelter from the cold and snow we received here in Boston. It’s great that you were able to take advantage of some of our amenities such as the apples and water in the lobby.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

I stayed here for two nights due to the combination of its good ranking on Trip Advisor and the good rate I got. I'm glad I did. My room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, and I appreciated the two complimentary water bottles each day, along with the free wifi, the in-room refrigerator, the bathrobe and the nice TV which included tons of channels as well as On Demand options. The staff was friendly and helpful, and there was always a nice bowl of apples in the lobby. Even though my room faced out onto the street, I didn't have a problem with noise. The hotel is a two-block walk from a T stop, so getting into town is easy. I drove, and was worried about finding parking on the street so I could save on the $18 per day valet fee, and I was able to find a parking spot the three different times I needed one, all within a block of the hotel. You just have to be comfortable parallel parking, though! I didn't use the Fitness center, but I checked it out and it was small, but looked well kept up.
I would definitely stay here again if I could get a good rate. You can buy snacks in the lobby 24/7, and there are many restaurants a short walk or T ride away. My bed was also quite comfortable.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank dsb2
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Greetings dsb2,
Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate all of your wonderful comments about our rooms and amenities offered throughout the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

A good price for a last minute week's booking. This is a relatively simple place to stay, but not at the expense of comfort. I'm not one to eat in hotels often so the limited food available wasn't an issue, and I found the full size room fridge and microwave ovens a pleasant surprise.

Easy commuting into town was fine by me and should I be in Boston again I'd stay here again without much bothering to look elsewhere.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank HawkinsJ
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Greetings HawkinsJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We’re glad you found us affordable yet comfortable and all amenities met your needs. We appreciate that you chose to stay with us and would plan to stay here again should you ever be in the area.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!