“Every hotel should be this good...”

enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood
Ranked #20 of 83 Hotels in Boston
Columbia Heights, Minnesota
“Every hotel should be this good...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I can only echo what has been said by so many people about the enVision - just returned (4 hours ago) from an eight-day vacation in NYC and Boston and stayed here for four nights. The Heath Street Green Line passes right in front of the hotel. The prices are more than reasonable, the rooms are quiet, the beds are comfortable, the air conditioning is appropriately chilling in the summer months, the free Wifi was faultless - as was the housekeeping - and there are a number of restaurants within a one-mile walking distance (even more, obviously, using the "T" going downtown).

The staff absolutely made the visit complete - I don't think I've experienced a hotel before where the staff so obviously cared about their hotel and their customers, beginning with Marilennys, who checked me in, to absolutely everyone who greeted me (genuinely, not just because it was their job to appear professional) every time I came "home" after a museum or biking adventure, or who helped with printing my boarding pass in the lobby for the flight home at the end of my vacation. It didn't hurt, either, that I happened to stay during their first anniversary celebration, where complimentary gourmet cookies were delivered each night to guests' rooms from local bakeries.

Absolutely recommended.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RayBannon
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Greetings Banman,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We truly appreciate your wonderful comments and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. You touched on some of the things to take pride in most- reasonable prices, clean rooms and great service! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!
P.S. Marlennys says thank you for the complements!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
alb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed for a night in mid July for a conference. Rather than spending twice as much to stay near the meeting (Boston Convention Center) I stayed here. Beautiful, new-looking room. Nice staff. A few steps from a Green Line subway stop, though a bit of a ride into downtown, around 30 minutes at rush hour. Many nice restaurants nearby, I ate at a very good Peruvian restaurant with an old friend who lives nearby. Valet parking under the hotel was $18 but I was able to leave my car and bags there and avoid driving downtown Boston during rush hour each way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you Alb6stringer for taking the time to write your review. Although we are not in the downtown area, the Green “E” Line has a T stop outside of our hotel and it is a quick and convenient way to reach the downtown area. We hope your conference went well and look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Boston!
Lakeshore, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights during the hottest week in July/13. We had reserved a king room on-line. We got to the hotel well before check in and had planned to spend the day seeing the sights in Boston. They parked our car for us and directed us to the best way downtown using the transit system. The green line trolley/subway stop is within steps of the hotel. It's only a 20 minute ride to the heart of Boston. On our return our room was ready. The hotel is fresh, new and very clean. There are only 39 rooms so the staff get to know all of the guests. The staff couldn't have been more helpful during our stay. The valet would have our car ready with just a phone call 5 minutes ahead of time. Our room was a good size and everything worked great. The bed is the most comfortable I have slept in anywhere. I had read some of the reviews about the neighborhood. Here's what I saw: High end brownstones line both sides of the street. Newer, high end cars are parked in front of them on the street. There is a V.A Hospital and an ASPCA Hospital up the block.....both are places where, doctors, nurses, vet's, etc work on a daily basis. My wife and I walked the area everyday. We walked to and from the transit stop, walked to Fenway Park and walked to restaurants in the area. In my opinion, the area is as safe as can be. The neighborhood is quiet both day and night. No sirens like you hear at a downtown hotel. This hotel is as good or better than any place you can get downtown and for half the price. This will be the only place I will stay when in Boston guaranteed. I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. I've tried to think of just one negative and I there isn't any. This hotel is a hidden gem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GWing51
Thank you so very much GWings51 for your amazing review! We are truly appreciative of your wonderful comments and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and considering us the only place you will stay when you return to Boston! We look forward to seeing you again!
Aarhus, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Very friendly atmosphere, nice room with a very nice bed. The little 'café' is well-equipped for a light breakfast - if you only want coffee and water it is complimentary in the room. The hotel is situated quite away from the city centre but there is easy and efficient transportation just outside the hotel - however, if you want the fastest vehicle, take bus no. 39 instead of the tram. The staff was very accomodating and helpful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Brian A
Thank you Brian A. for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It’s great to hear that you found our café well equipped- we try to provide guests with the essentials to kick start your day! I would also like to thank you for pointing out Boston’s very efficient public transportation… Many of our guests use it as this is much easier than try to navigate the city. We look forward to seeing you next time you come to Boston!
Pembroke Pines, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel was fantastic or maybe I should say "fentastic" , because it so easy to get to Fenway Park (Home of the Red Sox) by using the "T". In fact, it is easy to get to any location in Boston by using the T, because there is a stop right in front of the hotel. We toured all the sites of Boston without need of a car.
If you want a huge lavish lobby as you walk into the hotel then this is not the hotel for you, but if you want a smiling face of a hotel employee greeting you after a long day of touring the historic sites of Boston then book this place now. The super clean lobby might be small in size, but big on charm. The ice cold drinking water in the lobby came in perfect after some hot summer days.This is the best hotel staff I have seen in a long time. Marlennys (Sorry, if I butchered the spelling) was super as was the entire staff. The young lady working the morning of 07/23/2013 should be mentioned by name, but my bad memory prevents that from happening (Hopefully, the manager gives her proper kudos in her reply to this review) This young lady was one of the most helpful hotel staff members I have ever encountered in my travels. Ryan was also great as he gave me a walking shortcut to the nearby Duncan Donuts.
The free wifi came in handy as we planned our next day activities. The free bottles of water in the room were perfect for taking with us as we toured Bean Town. We stayed in Room 309 which was perfect for my family of 4 as this is a 2 room suite. My 2 sons (10 & 7) felt like royalty in their own room on a king sized bed. The hotel is located in a nice quiet area.
If you love baseball give me a helpful vote!

Room Tip: Room #309 is a wonderful 2 room suite with a king size bed in each room. High def cable television i...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lisa Marie C, General Manager at enVision Hotel Boston - Longwood, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Greetings robdolphins,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review, both myself and the entire staff love “fentastic”!! We appreciate your complement of having the best staff as we take pride in our service and truly are here to assist everyone, whether you are a guest or not.
It’s great to hear your family enjoyed their trip to Boston and we look forward to seeing you again if you venture this way!
P.S. You spelled Marlennys correctly and it was Ina working the morning of the 23rd… Ryan, Ina and Marlennys all say thank you as well! :)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay with my wife and two kids at this hotel. It was a cute boutique hotel as I imagined. Very simple but everything was just right: the price, the service, the room size... Actually, we wanted a king bed so that all of us could sleep in one bed, but Travelocity somehow changed our request to a standard double. But the room size was big enough that they could give us a rollaway bed for free. Also, I realized that I forgot my favorite T-shirt at the hotel, and the staff kindly mailed it to us. Just a T-shirt...that tells you a lot, no? Another thing was that the front staff recommended this breakfast place in Brookline village (in walking distance) called Martin's Coffee Shop, which was fantastic! The hotel staff was kind enough to arrange a cab even after our check-out. Thank you!!

Room Tip: 401, the top corner room was pretty nice (standard double).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Daiyu S
Greetings Daiyu S.,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and breakfast at Martin’s. We understand that travelling can be somewhat hectic, let alone with two children as well, so things get left behind therefore we are more than happy to return any forgotten items… We’re happy we could get your favorite Tshirt back to you! :)
We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We visited Boston for a week for my birthday. After much searching we decided, based on reviews, to stay here. We were not disappointed. We stayed in the two room suite. It was the perfect size for the four of us.
The location may be a bit off the beaten path for some, but we just hopped the T which has a stop right near the hotel.
The staff was wonderful, especially Lisa Marie. Everyone was polite and friendly. They were always open to providing suggestions on where to visit or eat and giving directions.
We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. This was less expensive than any chain hotel in Boston and the service was fantastic. I would highly recommend to anyone!

• Stayed June 2013
Greetings TSpan16,
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write this review. Our suites are uniquely designed to provide couples or families the privacy of individual bedrooms and bathrooms without needing to pay more for two individual rooms.
I’m thrilled to hear I was able to contribute to a great trip! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Boston!