“First time ever eating Polish cuisine...”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Polonia

Cafe Polonia
Ranked #194 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Polish, Eastern European, Central European, European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: South Boston
San Francisco, California
“First time ever eating Polish cuisine...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Never had Authentic Polish food; outside recipes discovered by my family through cookbooks, so this was a welcoming experience. The food was absolutely fantastic, the waitress was polite and old fashioned. Nothing felt rushed, and I got to get in touch with my Polish heritage through the European design and decor inside. This is a place I'll make a stop in on my way into to town next. A real jewel.

• Visited December 2012

• Polish first
Boston/Cape Cod
“Polish goodness”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Tasty Polish comfort food served a little restaurant just down from the Andrews Square. Potato pancakes were delicious. Service was friendly but a little indifferent, esp. since the restaurant was not nearly full.

• Visited November 2013
Stanwood, Michigan
“One of the best ethnic restaraunts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were out for a walk when we first got to Boston and ran across this place, it was the kind of place that when you saw it, you wanted to go in. So we checked out menu and talk with waitress. There were 4 couples who went for dinner and we all enjoyed the service and food.

• Visited September 2013
Bakewell, England, United Kingdom
“Poland in Boston”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

We ate here twice while staying in the Marriot Courtyard Boston South. It is close to the Andrew Metro stop on the Red line, but unless you are keen to try Polish food, or are a homesick Pole, it is probably not worth a journey out of town.The food was ample and seemed to be very authentic (we have only spent a week in Poland). There is a wide choice of tasty Polish beers. It is a small place and the food seemed to be cooked to order, which was a big plus point.Also the menu was not very long, another plus.|We like Polish food and it was a nice change, good enough to come back a second time.

• Visited September 2013
Wareham, United Kingdom
“Good hearty, well priced food in S Boston”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

10 mins walk from JFK / U Mass station (red line) and near the Doubletree I decided to check out this place. I have never tried Polish food before but this seemed the perfect intro. The waitress (extremely friendly and from Poland) suggested the Polish plate and I added some Borscht. The food was what I expected; hearty fare, tasty but not subtle. The portion size was enormous and I couldn't finish it all. A lovely pint of a Polish porter beer washed it all down. The price was $30 which seemed pretty reasonable for more-than-you-can-eat catering. The decor was nicely rustic and, did I mention the friendly waitress. If I wanted Polish food I would definitely come here again but maybe worth having once in a while ( planning polar expedition, doing a sponsored starvation, about to go on hunger strike) but not sure regularly.

Visited October 2013

Been to Cafe Polonia? Share your experiences!