“Very Good Polish Food Approved By Large Crowd of Polish Friends”
Review of Cafe Polonia

Cafe Polonia
Ranked #172 of 3,292 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Polish, Czech, Central European, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: South Boston
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

this is a tiny place but they accommodated our group of 12. Food was homemade and very traditional. Good sized portions. Friendly service. I highly recommend! Meals were approx $12-$16.

1  Thank ACMC75

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I found this restaurant as a lark one day when I was in the area. I had their polish potato pancake goulosh and it was amazing. This is a home cooked meal on a street no one would think there would be an amazing restaurant. If you want amazing polish food, that I rarely if ever eat, but when I am near their I alway stop in with reasonable prices and friendly staff, go for it.

1  Thank Peter H
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have no knowledge of polish food for the most part but my girlfriend's family is polish and was looking for some of their favorite dishes, so we came here the other day. Everything we had was absolutely fantastic - just not the lightest meal in the world :)

It's a very cosy, rustic, kitchen-y looking place with absolutely impeccable service - the really nice girl who was our waitress came by numerous times to ensure everything was good, but in a very unobtrusive manner.

1  Thank Riptor3000
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Generally, the food is good. A couple of our choices were quite bland i.e. the breaded mushrooms & the
pierogi with strawberry filling. We didn't receive the marinara sauce for the mushrooms which might have spiced this appetizer up. I was looking forward to pierogi with a fruit filling, something I haven't eaten since childhood. The pierogi with strawberries were bland, tasteless & could have used some sugar in the filling. A topping of sweetened sour cream with cinnamon would have been good. The other
more traditional pierogi were tastier. The dessert crepe was one of the best I have tasted with smooth
whipped cheese, a chocolate drizzle on top along with whipped cream. I notice in the latest reviews that
there might have been a new chef.

2  Thank Sophia56
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Growing up in Milwaukee, WI among many Polish friends (and wife) I was happy to find the Cafe Polonia while on a business trip. Located close to the Andrew Metro stop, Cafe Polonia is in the middle of a Polish community in South Boston. The restaurant is very small, only about 8 tables but it is nicely decorated. The waiter was recently arrived from Poland and knew the menu well. I could not decide, so ordered a combination plate which had Kielbasa, Pierogies and Stuffed Cabbage. All were very good and portions were generous. They also feature several Polish beers. I wish I had room for potatoe pancakes, but no such luck. Many of the dishes were strictly Polish while there were also items from Eastern Europe in general. Service was attentive and friendly and overall reasonably priced. Would definitely return on my next trip to Boston.

Been to Cafe Polonia? Share your experiences!