“Great food and staff ...”
Review of Forty Dalton

Forty Dalton
Ranked #767 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Ask for bartender Matt -- he knows Bean Town very well.

There are newer reviews for Forty Dalton

Reviewed November 2, 2011

Forty Dalton located in the Hilton Back Bay has an extensive menu and is a very nice spot to have dinner and drinks. They offer breakfast as well and is close to Fenway Park.

Reviewed July 16, 2007

I stayed twice at Back Bay Hilton in the past few months and I liked this restaurant in the hotel very much. Both the food and services are excellent. I was most impressed with the lobster tail salad and crab cake appetizer, they are delicious! I also had one lunch there and the hamburger was one of the best I ever had. The waiter was great and offered good advise on the menu selection.

Reviewed December 17, 2006

Boodles is located in the Boston Back Bay Hilton Hotel. The food was very good. The service made for a great experience and the food was very, very good. A little too much for me, but it was cooked (my steak) just the way I ordered it. The chocolate cake was.... well let's just say I was speechless until every crumb was consumed. If I stay at this hotel again, I do plan to eat here. But not through room service. There are so many taxes added that a simple $17.00 meal could end up costing 30.00. I went down to the restaurant to avoid all the extra fees. It was fine.

Reviewed September 17, 2004

We just finished a wretched experience at Boodles. I usually avoid Hotel restaurants and this experience reinforces my preference. I am staying at the Hilton with my wife. We had a long day so we thought the hotel restaurant was a good option for a convenient mediocre dinner. Boodles was doing a big trade in bus tour dinners tonight so our service was slow. Once we finally got to order, we received a minimal ceasar salad with knife cut lettuce, too much dressing and chewy croutons (I know it is an oxymoron but that is what they served). The wine, which we ordered with the rest of dinner, arrived after we were practically finished with salad. After 30 minutes the waiter, who was difficult to find, finally noticed we were fidgetting and didn't come to us but went to the kitchen. He later informed us that the kitchen lost the check but they would have food out in 3 minutes. 10 minutes later with no waiter and no food we told the hostess/manager that we were leaving.

Atmosphere - standard hotel
Food - non-existant/unremarkable
Service - abysmal

They claim their chef is from Austria. I think I know why he left Austria. My experience is that Austria has incredibly high standards for customer service. I imagine this chef was asked/ordered to leave because he didn't match up. Now he is plaguing the US with his/her poor service and unremarkable food.

Stay away from this restaurant. The summer shack up the street is loud and bohemian but the food and service is good. Go there instead. I am from San Francisco and I have no affiliation with either of this restaurants.

5  Thank rhctraveler