“A Great Find” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Back Bay
NYC
“A Great Find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We were staying at the Eliot Hotel (a great choice, see separate review) and wandered into the Cafe Jaffa--what a great find. We were weary from visiting colleges, and the atmosphere was very nice and comfortable, out waitress was sweet and helpful, and the food was very good. We would definitely go back if we are ever in the area again.

Visited March 2014

Boston, Massachusetts
“Falaffel plate, side of fries and sangria. YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

This place is a gem in the back bay area. I have been going there for the past few years. They offer american and middle eastern food. My favorite meal here is the Falafel Plate. The falafel tastes great! Their salads are amazing. They have the best Sangria in the area. I don't usually stray from my usual but everything I have tried on their menu has left me extremely satisfied. Upon your first visit I would suggest that you try their Falafel Plate with a side of fries and a glass of red sangria. Go ahead try it! You'll love it!

Visited November 2013
“Good food, good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

CJ's been around a while in a highly competitive Backbay food scene. You need to have good value proposition, and if it works, stick to it.

Their value proposition is IMO " A reasonably good Mediterranean food at reasonable cost." For example, you can have good shawarma wrap for ~$8.

I wouldn't say their food is the best Mediterranean I've ever had, nor the cheapest (for that, you need to go to Detroit area, IMO), but for Backbay, it's pretty much has the best bang for your buck.

Ps. The waitstaff is typical of Backbay standards. Very good.

Reading
“Great value middle eastern food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Unassuming middle eastern/north African restaurant between Newbury and Boylston streets. We had the sharing plate which was hummus, baba ganoush, falafels, pitta, two side salads and grilled chicken, lamb and beef. I also proposed to my Girlfriend in there – not planned but it just felt right so it will always hold special memories for us!

Visited November 2013
2 Thank willsayer
LexGSR
“An old favorite that's still a favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We used to live near this place a decade ago, and it was always a "go to" when we wanted a quick dinner. It's Mediterranean fair, served in large portions, in a very unassuming atmosphere. The grape leaves are outstanding... and real homemade falafel! Whenever I need to go to the Hynes Convention Center, I make sure Cafe Jaffa is on the list for lunch or dinner. (Walk out the front door of the Hynes... cross Boylston and keep going up Gloucester. It's just a few yards up, on the left.) This past week, I grabbed dinner there. It was really tasty, as always!

• Visited October 2013