“Extremely slow service”
Review of Bravo Restaurant

Bravo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bravo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #486 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Transit: MFA station on Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA area
“Extremely slow service”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our dinner service was extremely slow, from the long delay in taking our orders right through to having to get up from the table and ask the first employee we could find, who happened to be the bartender, to track down our waiter so we could get our bill. Even after that there was an issue with the bill and there was another ten minutes of getting that straightened out. One of our party complained about the service to the manager and his response was that they were very busy that night but I think it was more that they were understaffed and disorganized. He did apologize but he made it sound like it seemed reasonable to him that dinner in a busy restaurant should take three hours and include having to go find the waiter.

I tend to be an "easy grader" on TripAdvisor if I think a restaurant is delivering the food and service they advertise. Our experience did not meet the 4 rating and there is no reason why a fancy restaurant here in Boston can't take orders and get the dishes out of the kitchen within a reasonable time frame. Perhaps this review will help the management evaluate the importance of having enough staff and having them work together to take care of the clientele.

Some of the dishes were good and others were just average. The grilled watermelon appetizer is very nice and I had a delicious risotto. The ambience is nice and it was lovely to sit outside on the patio.

new jersey
“Worthwhile respite”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This restaurant is located in the Museum of Fine Arts. It is their most expensive eating venue. It was an excellent place to sit and relax after a hard day walking the galleries of the museum. The food was very good with interesting presentation. The portions were ok. The service was very attentive. Two could easily spend $75 on lunch, without drinks. Probably not a family venue!. There was a small combo playing mood music. The seating plan was fairly open, so you could have a conversation without including your neighbors. There is outside seating. I would definitely go back. Note, there are discounts, (15%) if you are a museum member. One might want to consider membership, if only for the discount!

Salem MA
“Bland, but Nice Setting”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was a greatly disappointing experience. We had been here years ago and it had had a stellar reputation. Unfortunately, pretty much every plate of food was bland. Some dishes were not well conceived. Some were not well executed. All were bland.

One was marginally successful. That was a salad of grilled watermelon layered with feta cheese and arugula. We also had a salad of prosciutto, roasted nectarines and watercress with an essence of blue cheese dressing. There were large slices of prosciutto, but only a few pieces of nectarine, which was not enough to counter all the saltiness from the meat and blue cheese. There was no cohesiveness to this dish.

Everything else we tried was the same. One dish was supposed to have a wine, butter, garlic and herb sauce. But it had been insufficiently reduced and tasted like watery wine and clarified butter.

Our waiter was fine and tried to help. The manager offered us one free dessert on the house along with his apology (I think he could have offered us more). We chose a corn panna cotta with a caramel sauce and bacon. The sauce was good and there was plenty of bacon. The problem is that the panna cotta was both weak flavored and way too light in texture, lacking any creamy richness to compliment the fatty richness of the bacon.

Positives were the excellently presented and tasty drinks from the bar and the atmosphere. We sat outside and it's quite pleasant out there. Service was also fine and friendly, though sometimes a bit slow.

What keeps us from giving the food a '1' was the freshness of the food. The whole black bass, for example, was fresh and cooked to the correct temperature. But this was really not a successful night for the kitchen. It was like the Red Sox losing 12-4. Four runs isn't a bad offensive output, but oh, the twelve runs given up by the pitching and defense. At these prices, it's not good.

Malibu, California
“Great food, good option for Museum visitors”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I am guessing (great city that Boston is), that there are plenty of wonderful dining options here, but unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to try any other restaurants since I was stuck in business events most evenings. Although I was there on business, I had one night free and wanted dinner and something to do. Since I love art, I chose the Fine Arts Museum and dinner at Bravo. The restaurant was very quiet the night that I was there, but I didn't feel self conscious dining alone. The service was excellent (attentive without being overbearing), the ambience very pleasant and I the food was great. I think this is a great choice if you are visiting the museum and are looking for a fine dining restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Northampton, Massachusetts
“Culinary artistry”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

While at the museum we make it a point to make reservations for lunch (or dinner) at Bravo. We have always enjoyed the very tasty selections offered on the menu, sometimes paired with wonderful wines. The food isartfully presented. The service is first class and the casual fine dining atmosphere is complete with jazz trio. It is a masterpiece not to be missed!

• Visited April 2013