“Second choice became a winner”
Review of Steve's Restaurant - CLOSED

Steve's Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant serves BREAKFAST all day //
My family and I went here for a breakfast/brunch because the other place had a waiting line a mile long! We were pleasantly surprised.
Location - right off Newbury Street - very centrally located // parking - very very hard - wise to find a garage // decor - wonderful view (see pic), very bright and pleasant // service - surperb - such a really nice service rep // food - we had a brunch/breakfast -I had poached eggs (sent in a cup, and I dropped it badly on my toast, so no pic here! But it was delicious //My one relative had the scrambled eggs and home fries - thumbs up and lots of eggs!(see pic) // Another had sausages and scrambled eggs - good! (see pic) // We all shared a fruit bowl - look at the amount of dark berries! Very juicy (see pic!) // price - very affordable, especially in Boston! // drawbacks - almost no strawberries (very noticeable) and the toast seemed cold. The only drawbacks // final thought - this second choice may become our first choice next time!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had 2 lovely meals in Steve the greek out of 3 nights spent in Boston. My husband and I love greek food and this was great authentic home cooked greek food. We had vegetarian mousaka, slow roast lamb, vine leaves, cracked wheat, lemon potatoes, baklava and more! Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I used to like Steves for a quick bite of greek food, simple and cheap. Now they have wine and beer and pretensions but the food is still cheap, not always well prepared. My spanikopita was light on the spinach. My companions meat was way overcooked. The rice pudding was thin and bland. I won't go back.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We have been eating at Steve's for many years, however, it had been awhile since our last visit. It was chilly in Boston the other day and we didn't feel like walking too far for lunch. We went back to Steve's for the ultimate worst meal I've ever had in Boston!
• moussaka tasted bland and artificial; • steak sandwich must have been made from frozen fatty stringy meat with greasy pita; • chicken kabobs were bland, no flavor - came with choice of 2 starches or frozen vegetables for $14 add another $2 just to get a side salad; Everything basically tasted like something from the freezer section of Shaws!
Let's talk about the bathroom... DISGUSTING & FOUL! Despite having cleaning products on the floor next to the toliet, the bathroom was certainly one of the worst I've seen in the U.S.!

2  Thank Cavi
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I've been going here for over 20 years. You can't really go wrong with anything that you order. The food is fantastic!