“Great food, great restaurant”
Review of Casa Romero

Casa Romero
Reserve with OpenTable
Casa Romero is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #413 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Description: Casa Romero is the oldest Mexican Restaurant in New England, with more than 45 years serving the most authentic Mexican Cuisine.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, great restaurant”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have been to Casa Romero several times over the years and it never fails to amaze us. It is always delightful to be greeted by the owner who sits at the desk and welcomes everyone with his wonderful smile. On our first visit we did not have a reservation and they were completely booked but the owner arranged for a table for us and we had a great meal - looks like no one is turned away.

The Margaritas are wonderful and the food is delightful. Add to that the home like atmosphere and the wonderful, friendly staff - they make you feel so special. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2013

Boston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Charming. Glad it's still around.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I've always had a nice experience at Casa Romera. It's lively, and the staff are lovely. I really love the food there, too.

• Visited August 2012
“"Great Mexican Restaurant"”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This restaurant is tucked away down a little side street off of busy Newbury street. It's one of those many hidden treasure restaurants in Boston. Ate there with my daughter on a busy weekend evening however, I thought the service was good, the food was great and the ambiance of the restaurant was really nice. I look forward to going back there again!

• Visited August 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Mexican Restaurant in the Heart of Back Bay!”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Casa Romero has been around for decades so that's one clue that it is a great place to eat and maybe a reason that there aren't a lot of Mexican restaurants in Boston (too hard to compete with). The atmopshere is really nice. You walk down into the restaurant and you are greeted by lots of Mexican tiles and an authentic yet kind of '70s retro atmosphere. I think the atmosphere is what I like best about Casa Romero (aside from the incredible food, that is). They make a great pina colada and their cactus stuffed chicken is mouthwatering (although I didn't see it on the menu last time I was there). You can't go wrong with anything you order at Casa Romero. I highly recommend!!!

Visited March 2012
Boston
“Good Food, Terrible Owner and Experience”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My friends and I unfortunately experienced an outrageous and humiliating situation at Casa Romero a few months ago. We were frequent customers and gone out to the restaurant on a Saturday night to celebrate my birthday. The restaurant was full, our waiter was pleasant and polite, and we had good food and drinks.
As we were finishing our dinner and ordering more drinks, we could tell that the waiter and owner were talking about us. It made us feel very uncomfortable, until when, the waiter came over to us and apologized and told us that we had to leave. Mind you, we had spent over $150 and were not being rude or disruptive. We were asked to leave because they had overbooked and other people were waiting for our table. The owner himself did not even tell us this. We were completely shocked, and left, not fully realizing what had happened. The owner did not apologize, nor did not take anything off the bill.
This kind of blatant sexism and ageism (we are young women) is unacceptable and I will never go to Casa Romero again. It is quite unfortunate because the food is quite good.

• Visited November 2012