“A wonderful relaxing food experience”
Review of L'Espalier

L'Espalier
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Espalier is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #111 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Fairfield St.
Transit: Copley Square T
Albany NY
“A wonderful relaxing food experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I often travel and have had meals in many fine restaurants. L'Espalier is my new favorite in Boston. It can be expensive, but worth every penny. My friend and I decided to try the winter tasting menu- 7 courses- we weren't rushed, the staff was friendly - right from the lovely lady who greets you at the door and sends you on your way via elevator, to the waitstaff, and finally to the person who provides you with one of their signature meringue cookies as you again approach the elevator, take care of you professionally, and more importantly to me- kindly.
I can't begin to describe the different courses, but the lobster appetizer made 2 ways, the unique appetizer tasting plate sent to us by the chef, and the lamb chops were all 5 Star,

Save some money-but go there- the experience is worth it!

Visited March 2014

• Korean first
Columbus, Ohio
“Meal of a life time...”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Attended L'Espalier for a work related function and had one of the most memorable meals of a lifetime. Outstanding service, incredible attention to detail, unbelievable multi-course menu; incredible wine pairings. Maybe the best lamb chop ever; cold and hot lobster dish was AMAZING...

• Visited March 2014
Parkland, Florida
“A Dining Experience”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My two teenagers absolutely loved their dinner at this restaurant. They were eager to taste the dishes recommended by our waiter, and were not afraid to try something new. We loved the experience, as we do not eat like this often! The food was unique and excellent. Nice wine list as well as the specialty drinks suggested. The different breads offered were delicious. Our meals were enjoyed by all as we tasted each others dishes. Would definitely recommend this restaurant for a special occasion.

Visited March 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“So little for so much”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The evening did not start well with pretentious greeters with attitude. Wait staff better but food waaay too complicated and the menu descriptions were meant to intimidate. Food good not great. We have been to fine restaurants all over the world. I would not put Espalier in that group especially in the value for price category. It certainly is not as good as it once was with lots of "complimentary" stuff that seems unrelated to the menu. There are far better restaurants in Boston.

• Visited March 2014
Washington, dc
“Superb food for a price”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

My siblings and I took our mom here over the weekend to celebrate her 70th birthday. The staff was very attentive and was able to make recommendations when asked. The food was excellent, but the portions were a bit small. There were five of us in our party and we chose the prix fixe menu. My first and main course were incredibly delicious, though I found dessert disappointing. The atmosphere was nice, but at the end of the night when the check came I left wondering if I would have had just as nice a time in the North End for a third of the cost.

Visited February 2014