J.P. Licks
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The location on Newbury street is no longer open, we walked to Boylston instead, but it was very good and worth the walk.

Great selection and unique flavor selections. I had one of the flavors of the month, Strawberry Rhubarb. I thought is was okay, but I would have made it with large chunks of strawberry, this had no real fruit that I could see. The rest of our party loved their choices, so over all I think this is a good place to try ice cream.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Oh c'mon, who does not go for an ice cream cone practically skipping into the store with a smile on!!! The anticipation of a great ice cream was overwhelming...until you got to the counter where there was no one, but at the entryway to the counter two girls just standing. Of course you don't get to sample any, so once decided on three scoop ice cream dish, the girl scooped each scoop of ice cream in only to take half of each scoop out. The portions were so small, I felt cheated to pay nearly $6 for three tiny scoops of ice cream that was just average. The young lady could not give a darn about my great attitude for getting ice cream, no smile, no thanks. I felt even if I had to kiss her a...she would not give a darn. Interestingly, an elderly gentleman was purchasing a huge scoop cone with a gift? or frequent card and offered her a tip, she so non appreciatively looked at him, not even a kind word of thanks.

1  Thank Sillyme2
Reviewed April 4, 2013

this ice cream is so good. it is expensive but if you put in the 5 bucks for a sugar cone you get a mountain of ice cream on top. it is amazing. i am also clearly really easy to please...

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Sometimes my friend and I go to JP Licks just for their coffee. They roast and brew their own and it's great. The ice creams are delicious and I love that they're the only known place that has lactose-free ice cream besides sorbets and many other options for all dietary restrictions.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

A flavor they had was a chocolate ice cream with a touch of cayenne pepper. Like a frozen Mexican Hot Chocolate (without the cinnamon) but still, nice. They use a base that is smooth without being overwhelmingly sweet. The flavors of the ice cream are not washed away in a sea of sugar but rather in waves of flavor.