“Perfect neighborhood diner!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: South End
“Perfect neighborhood diner!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Three of us made an effort to travel to Mike's for breakfast. It was absolutely worth that effort. Perhaps the best corned beef hash I've eaten. Portions are very generous and the prices are quite reasonable. Not fancy; just excellent breakfast fare. The coffee mugs are about a pound each and are probably impervious from breakage!

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
Missouri
“Best Corned Beef Hash Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We had originally planned to go to Mike's for lunch, but got there too early. So quick taste bud switch to breakfast. This place has the most delicious corned beef hash, my breakfast substitute for the Reuben sandwich I had planned on eating. My daughter enjoyed an omelet with her own chosen ingredients, cooked to perfection. The only drawback, if we can call it that, is the huge amount of food Mike's serves on a single plate. Easily enough for two people. Definitely will go back when we are in Boston next time.

• Visited October 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great Breakfast Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

This place was great for Sunday Breakfast.  It is tiny and very much a traditional diner.  We arrived around 9:30 and had to wait about 20 minutes.  But when we left the line was out the door.  It is first come first serve so get there early.  And bring cash.  They don’t take credit.  The mixed fruit pancakes are amazing with the bananas and blueberries cooked right in them.  And the topped with strawberries.  The bacon is yummy to.  My friend had the corn beef hash and loved it.  The Emergency Room special is huge.  Coffee and Tea is unlimited but all other drinks are in a can so no free refills.  Prices are reasonable and service was quick.

Visited October 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We visited on a Thursday morning, after a short walk from the hotel. We were seated quite quickly, the waitress provided us with the Coffee & Tea as my husband only drinks this. I had Pancakes - 3 - with fruit thinking I was being healthly & hubbie had a weekday breakfast. The Pancakes were WOW, good value for money & hearty.

Visited September 2013
Apalachin, New York
“Line out the door”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The line was out the door. Be ready for the wait. I was very surprised I was able to park in front of the diner with all the guests inside. The breakfast was good. I recommend the mixed fruit pancakes; the bananas were cooked inside so they taste like warm banana bread! The server was friendly, and once we were seated, the food came out fast!

• Visited September 2013