“Outstanding in Every Way”
Review of The Capital Grille

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for our expertly prepared steaks, which are dry aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. We look forward to delighting you.
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Our dinner was delectable: from the salad, to the bisque, to the steaks...simply superb! We had a little dessert, provided by the restaurant for our anniversary. We had the wine sampler, available in the summer only. Our server, Chris, was very knowledgeable about the wines and the steaks. Best night out in a long time!

Reviewed August 16, 2016

Last night I ate once again at the Capital Grille. Steak au poivre was succulent, cooked to perfection and capably served. Sides of mashed potatoes and sauteed mushrooms delicious. While not an oyster bar, I was happy to see that they serve oysters, and enjoyed the ones we had. This is an expensive but never fail dining experience in Boston.

Reviewed August 15, 2016

My girlfriend, her family and I came here for dinner to kick off Dine Out Boston week. We have been here before and always enjoy it when we dine here.

The steaks are amazing. Enough said. Even though I ordered medium rare, my bone in NY strip came out rare, which is honestly ok. Their green beans were delicious, however, I found the mashed potatoes to be flat. It may sound stupid, but I do the "fork" test for mashed potatoes (take a fork full of mashed potatoes, turn your fork upside down and the potatoes should stick to the fork and not fall off), and they failed. I think they used a bit too much butter or cream, but overall, still delicious. I also had their side Caesar salad and their flourless chocolate cake for dessert. The flourless cake was very rich and chocolatey and topped off a delicious meal.

They are now using iPads for their wine and cocktail menu, which was very helpful. It took me a bit to figure out how to see wines by the glass, but overall, the app was helpful. If it is not available to the public, it should be since people could research what they could drink before coming in.

Our server, Brian, was helpful, but we felt he wasn't too interested in our party all that much. I did have to ask for my water to be refilled, but other than that, everyone was very professional and we enjoyed our time here.

If you do, please dress nicely as well! Saw people in shorts, Red Sox jerseys, t-shirts, baseball hats, etc. This is fine dining and it won't kill you to put on a suit or some nice ironed pants and shirt!

Reviewed August 14, 2016

Back at my favorite restaurant and boy was I not dissapointed. My wife, myself and our two best friends decided to take advantage of Dine Out Boston and this time we went to the Boston location because last time we were a little let down with our trip to the Burlington one. Our waiter was very attentive, and informative. I was very happy when I heard that the chef had lobster bisque on the menu tonight. I will have to tell you that it's the best lobster bisque anywhere!! Great taste and big chunks of lobster! The only downside is that I wish there was more of it. I guess I had to leave room for the steak. Three of us got the NY strip steak and the other got the Bone in crusted NY strip. The mashed potatoes were also perfect. We all left that table stuffed!! Also, it was not as noisy there as the last time we were at the Burlington location. We could actually hear each other talk.

Thank you Capital Grille for another great meal!!

Reviewed August 14, 2016 via mobile

My husband booked a reservation online and just filled out info saying it was for our anniversary. They made the evening feel very special! Complimentary glasses of champagne, complimentary dessert plate that had the words happy anniversary in chocolate, and the table was decorated with flowers and a card signed by each member of staff who worked there. They couldn't have done a better job, and the food and the service was amazing on top of it. Not one complaint here!