“fancy lunch”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The Capital Grille can be fancy or not so much, depending on your tastes and budget. We went for lunch recently and had their $19 clam chowder, lobster roll and truffle fries. Not a bad price and the food was delicious and the atmosphere was great!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I was meeting my husband and son for dinner prior to us attending a Red Sox game. We were all coming from different directions and met at the restaurant. I arrive first and went into the bar to wait for them. I was made to feel very welcome as I sat and waited. The bar had a great mix of professionals, Sox fans and folks visiting Boston. The ambiance is very old Boston, which I love.
When I heard from each of my dinner companions that they would be late I asked to be seated. Again, I was not made to feel as though I was imposing on anyone. Our server was a delight and we had a long conversation about their red wines, of which he was very knowledgeable. My son arrived and our server greeted him enthusiastically and they chatted about the available beers. My husband straggled in and yet another great conversation with our waiter.
The food was outstanding as it always is. But there are a lot of steak houses you can go to in Boston and every other major city. The Capital Grille shines for me with their remarkable staff. They always take the extra step; I would recommend without (haha) reservation!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had made reservations for a Bride to be, party of 5. We made our reservations online and only said we were celebrating a Bride to Be! We were brought to our confetti decorated table with a signed congratulation card from the staff. We were immediately given glasses of complimentary champagne. The meal was delicious as always, service was impeccable. The bride was given a dessert plate, beautifully decorated with a sampling of desserts.

Overall a perfect evening for our bride! Highly recommend for any occasion or any night out. You can't go wrong with The Capital Grille!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I've eaten at Capital Grilles since 2000: Chicago, Houston, Stamford, New York and now Boston.

You come here for steak, well I do. It is categorically the best fillet steak I have ever tasted. Such was the perfection of the meat and the cooking that it was almost hard to distinguish the texture of the steals from the gorgeous roasted mushrooms. The onion strings (not on the menu, but as I have loved them for 14 years, obligingly produced) also wonderful.

A perfect Amarone to wash it down.

This is steak at its finest. Can't say more aside that I will eat filet mingnon at these restaurants in verity US state I ever visit.

1  Thank Want_the_facts
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We had a business reservation for about two dozen people. The meal was outstanding, every dish was succulent. Not a place for vegetarians, though. The service was excellent, too. The only negative thing to say : the size of the portions was too gargantuesque !
Awesome experience.