“Capital Grille”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
South Windsor, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Capital Grille”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent meal. Their fish appetizer was just right for three people. Service was excellent. View was nice. if weather had been better sitting outside would have been great

Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Improperly cooked steak”
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

This is my first rate On TA. Got good ratings on trip advisor, service was outstanding, but the whole reason we went was for a good steak! We both got filets and while the flavor was okay we both agreed they'd been cooked to well not medium as we requested. It was so dark we couldn't tell what our steak really looked like on the inside to send it back, but I may have had one true medium bite right in the middle. You'd think a steak place like that would get it right!

Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent steak and lobster”
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I did a walk-in for dinner and was fortunate I managed to get a high-top table facing the bar.

I ordered the clam chowder soup as a starter, and for the main course, I had the sirloin steak with lobster tail (it was the chef special). Ordered a glass of wine as well.

The soup was very good, very flavourful and the accompanying bread went well with it.

The main course was excellent - one of the best steaks I've had in a long time. I had it medium-rare, and it was slightly crispy on the outside, but very tender and moist on the inside. The taste was amazing. The lobster tail was also very good-the meat was tender and sweet.

Strangely enough,when I tried to make a reservation via the Tripadvisor booking portal, it kept telling me it was full. WHen I walked in, there were a number of tables empty at the bar and at the high-tops (even when I left). So, even if it says its full, just try a walk in. :)

Overall, an excellent meal and highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great service, delicious food”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We booked a meal at the Capital Grille for our first night in Boston, where we are on holiday celebrating our first wedding anniversary. We had mentioned on the reservation that we were celebrating, and also that I suffer from food allergies.

When we were led to our table (a quiet booth - definitely request a booth if possible) we were touched to see they had decorated the table with little heart shaped confetti and a 'Happy Anniversary' card signed by all the staff. The waiter knew all about my allergies from the beginning and was really helpful in discussing options. The wine list, presented on an iPad, was extensive, and although my husband was only drinking wine by the glass (I am pregnant and unable to drink currently) there were plenty of options.

The service was excellent; attentive and comprehensive without being overbearing. The waiter took the time to discuss with me my options with regards to food allergies and also the necessity to have a well done steak due to my pregnancy. He was able to recommend the cut that would still remain tender if well done, and he got it spot on.

Starters were mainly seafood, and the smoked salmon was delicious. My husband had a very generous portion of lobster and crabcakes, which he really enjoyed. He commented on the freshness and taste of the side salad in particular.

For main courses, our steaks were cooked perfectly (mine well done by necessity - husband's medium) and were absolutely full of flavour. We shared a baked potato (not on the menu) and a side of green beans, which were delicious. Portions are huge; we both only managed around half our steaks, left half the baked potato and lots of the beans! Still, we were satisfied with the delicious food.

At the end of our meal they brought us a special dairy free complimentary dessert (sorbet and fruit) with a candle to celebrate our anniversary. We really appreciated this touch although were too full to eat much of it!

Overall, the atmosphere was great, service absolutely excellent and the food delicious. It was relatively pricey (around $200 for our starters, mains and one glass of wine and would have been considerably more had we ordered more alcohol) but definitely worth it. Would recommend.

• Visited April 2014
boston, ma
“restaurant week dinner”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This wasn't my first time at this restaurant and this will definitely not be my last time at this restaurant. I came here for restaurant week and the menu was everything I hoped it would be. I got the Kobe bone in rib eye steak--yum. The food was wonderful as always and it's always a good deal to come during restaurant week. The service was just ok though. The waitress kept asking us if we wanted to wrap up our dessert. I've never heard of anyone taking their dessert to go(a slice of cake) but after the first time telling the waitress no about wrapping up our dessert, she asked us about 4 more times. Maybe she really just wanted to clear our table, not sure, but no we definitely did not be take the dessert home. lol.

Visited March 2014