“Simply One of the Best in Boston”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had occasion to have dinner with nephew and his friend. Took, me, rather, Treated ME! to the Capital Grille. Filet was perfectly cooked, and nearly able to cut with a fork. Lobster Mac and Cheese was also excellent. We all had filets, and all were perfect. Happy with the drinks, and though we had to wait a while for a table in the lounge (dining area sold out for night!), was definitely worth it. Crowded but comfortable, as you would expect a popular place to be. Will surely return in the future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Absolutely LOVE the Capital Grille!! This is our favorite restaurant for special occasions or just a fabulous meal!! I highly recommend you give them a try!!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Always my favorite bastion of "BIG FOOD" in Boston, The CG is all new on the inside and still the best there is for steak in Boston. Now on the top of Boylston Street, it's a little closer to the Copley area. Definitely an easy walk. As always, they only have the best at the bar, in the restaurant and from the kitchen.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Capital Grill is a high high end chain , been to the one in Naples Florida , this one in Boston just as good , great bar ,atmosphere and ambiance , we did see people eating right at the bar ,something to keep in mind ( be a great place to watch a sports game since they have 2 tv behine bar ,that's adds to the greatness of this place ,u can eat ,drink and watch a sporting event in confort and class !, on to the main dining room for dinner if the bar doesnt work for u , it's beautiful very comfortable and very classy , they even have 2 different color napkins for u ,depending on what color pants u got on , !! Made me laugh but nice touch ! And FINNALLY the Steaks !! Very very good no complaints though I have had better Bernaise and better Aupoive sauce , so my son who's a med student ,my 13 year old daughter ( first time in Boston. ) and myself for 300 had a blast , drank a few martinis , couple glasses of wine and a diet coke , 3 great steaks some sides ,300 included tip, uh no desert for that I took the kids to the TOP OF THE HUB. ! My son and I have been there before but my daughter is still talking about the view 2 days latter. , we really were BOSTON STRONG. ! that night. !! Ps. The service at Capital great was EXCELLENT thank you Pat

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Capital Grille offers a classic (almost cliched!) steak restaurant vibe, with some wood panelling, Red Auerbach portraits, and general Bostonian air. Our party of four all had the Delmonico steaks and they were all great. The sides - au gratin potatoes and grilled asparagus -were also great examples of their type. We couldn't manage dessert! All round, a classy experience.