“Wonderful steak house”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,319 Restaurants in Boston
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Herford or Massachusetts Avenues
Transit: Hynes Convention Center
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I've been wanting to try The Capital Grille in several cities, Boston ended up being my first experience. Great location, easy to get to after a day in the city. Wonderfully prepared steak, cooked just perfectly and as requested. Yummy sides. A little on the pricey side, but worth the money. Classy, perfect for business or leisure.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Capital Grille is always crowded and in December one would expect no less. We only waited for a short time before being seated. The steaks are always excellent and the starters for the table were shared between the four of us. Our waitress was keen to make the experience memorable and she came across as very knowledgeable and helpful.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and son love a great steak and I love great service. we had the calamari and drinks in the beautiful bar. We moved to the dining room and the great service began. The cesear salad was average, but the Kona steak, sliced filet and swordfish were wonderfully garnished, seasoned and sauced. The mashed potatoes were creamy and wonderful. Sauted spinach good. Service professional. Dont miss this dining experience.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

I've been to all of the steak houses in Boston and most in NYC and Capital is amongst the best.
I tend to dine by myself and have gotten superb service, regardless of when I've gone in. Most impressive to me is when they participate in Restaurant Week, you get the same size meals and portions as the regular menu, and you are served as though you are paying regular prices at any other time.

I feel if a restaurant can be this good to me, by myself, during Restaurant Week, then imagine what it is like under other circumstances. I have never been disappointed. My last waiter even gave me his business card and I am going to book with him when I dine there again.

They have a "business lunch special" that is not to be missed. I last paid $20.00 for it last year. Not sure if the price went up but it was amazing.

I've eaten their salmon and their filets, and all have been terrific. Nice cozy, woodsy atmosphere.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Capital Grill is our favorite restaurant for special occasions that have included college graduations, significant birthdays and anniversaries and the like. Why? because it combines a wonderful, warm and elegant atmosphere that includes white linens, library paneling, candle lit tables and formally clad servers, with world class service, outstanding quality food and an extensive wine list. We have been to several locations and have never been disappointed.
I would HIGHLY recommend the cold shellfish platter appetizer. It may seem a bit pricey, but, it is well worth it! A must!
Also, if you'd like to avoid the hassle of traffic and parking at the Boston location, try the location in Chestnut Hill just minutes away. It is in a stand alone building, has it's own parking lot and offers valet parking. The ambiance is the same and, despite being on a major roadway, (Boylston Street) its a bit more off the beat and path. Bon appetite!