“Perfect food, service not so fast”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 3,295 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth Street
Transit: Copley (Green Line) or Back Bay (Orange Line) “T” stop.
Description: We know shopping induces hunger - and Legal Sea Foods reels in those who want to splash down for a meal or grab-and-go. Our restaurant is located on the upper level of Copley Place, with direct indoor access to both the Westin and Marriott hotels as well as to the Prudential Center. Panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows overlook Boston's historic South End. Here the views and the seafood are second to none.
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I went here for dinner on wednesday. It is the perfect place to go if you want to eat good fish. In particular there's a faboulous grill mix. However, if the restaurant is full you have to wait more than 15 min to be served.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I love crab cake, so I tried it at 3 restaurants nearby. But the one here was the best. Also raw cram and oyster was also fresh.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This is a nicely located restaurant in the business and retail end of Boston Back Bay, settled above the retail street level. Cosy booths and tables with a busy atmosphere, it serve quality seafood and fine wines. It is a pleasant place to dine, without being very exciting. The menu is reliable and food cooked and served to a required standard, in line with a "restaurant chain" style.
Don't expect too much more than this. If you're looking for fun dining and imaginatively cooked seafood, head to North End.
What made it disappointing for us was the chain culture of conformity, which refused to recognise anything other than a USA driver's licence as proof of age. As a result, our daughter was unable to join us in celebrating a special event with a nice glass of Champagne. Her international licence and passport just wouldn't cut it!
A restaurant should have the ability to make an occasion special, not to kill the occasion like that. Sadly, this house of rules couldn't do that!

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a familia trip to Boston.The restaurant is located insiide Prudential shopping center, a beautiful set of shops connecting with Copley Place,
Our waiter was a wonderful girl who suggested proper dishes according what we wanted to eat. There is a great selection of fantastic and delicious dishes.
We really enjoy our dinner and the service. The swordfish was wonderful and the clam chowder was beautiful and arrived fast. I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I arrived around 9.30pm which might have played a role as it meant the place was getting empty and it therefore very quiet. I love when it is actually possible to hear yourself think in a restaurant.

The service was quite and courteous, efficient but not rushing me, keen to advise but not in selling mode.

I went with the features starter which frankly would have passed as a main. Calamari were cooked to perfection with just the right balance of meaty and chewy. The mussels and little necks were delicious and the half lobster obviously a nice surprise (I was expecting some sort of lobster lumps or salad, not a half !)

Main was an equally delighting treat but what I want to single out is their wine list. I was unaware that this was something they prided themselves with, having just randomly walked in. I was really impressed by the range and in particular by the choice of half bottles, something that's too rare but much appreciated by solo travellers.
A+