“Not as might as it once was”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 3,391 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth Street
Transit: Copley (Green Line) or Back Bay (Orange Line) “T” stop.
Description: We know shopping induces hunger - and Legal Sea Foods reels in those who want to splash down for a meal or grab-and-go. Our restaurant is located on the upper level of Copley Place, with direct indoor access to both the Westin and Marriott hotels as well as to the Prudential Center. Panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows overlook Boston's historic South End. Here the views and the seafood are second to none.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Went for lunch, had a some sort of salad with swordfish on it. Tiny bit of swordfish, tiny salad. Definitely not as mighty a place as it once was. A very blase experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,017)

Reviewed July 16, 2013

On a trip to Boston, I heard MANY wonderful things about Legal Seafood. I am very much a seafood person so I was really looking forward to eating there. We ordered the mussels and calamari as an appetizer. Both were very good. For the main course, I ordered the salmon with a cucumber yogurt sauce and hummus. THAT was the one I wasn't too crazy about. I went for lunch, so I don't know if the menu is bigger at dinner, but there weren't many options for lunch.

The waitstaff was very friendly and the food all came out in good time...I guess my meal just wasn't as "special" as I had hoped.

I would eat here again, but it isn't one of my favorites.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food is excellent and the owner has the highest of standards for quality. I trust no other seafood restaurant. Will be back as soon as I can.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Whichever Legal Seafood in Boston you choose, you can't go wrong. Best clam chowder I ever had! And the Bluefish (in season) is always a treat.

1  Thank travelman1203
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have been eating at Legal since the 60's when it was family style at the long tables with paper plates and plastic utensils. It was good then and great now. I started with Lobster Bisque and a shrimp cocktail and then had the baked stuffed lobster which was chock full of shrimp and scallops with just the right amount of crumbs. the side was corn on the cob. the meal ended with a strawberry shortcake, which was the only disappointment (here we are in strawberry season and I was served frozen strawberries, some still frozen). Often when a restaurant expands, the quality becomes diluted as more and more open, but in the case of Legal, the food and service has remain excellent. People along the east coast now have the opportunity to give Legal a try. I highly recommend it.