“Could not be more disappointed”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 3,328 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth Street
Transit: Copley (Green Line) or Back Bay (Orange Line) “T” stop.
Description: We know shopping induces hunger - and Legal Sea Foods reels in those who want to splash down for a meal or grab-and-go. Our restaurant is located on the upper level of Copley Place, with direct indoor access to both the Westin and Marriott hotels as well as to the Prudential Center. Panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows overlook Boston's historic South End. Here the views and the seafood are second to none.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I was with a large group, so that may have affected the quality. And I rarely rate a meal "terrible," but this one deserves it, I'm afraid. A seafood dinner from a grocery store frozen food aisle would have been just as good, especially if one factors the price. I will not be trying another Legal Seafoods.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Very small portions, expensive and the menu is not the same. Needs another upgrade. Not worth the expensive bill if you ask me.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Gone downhill. The atmosphere here is good. Catering more to tourists. There are far better places in Boston for Seafood.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ask for the crab cakes and they were just excellent!
Obviously we also ask for Lobster, and it was delicious! They also have great desserts

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Let me put it this way: We were in Boston to attend a conference, and my husband and I chose to eat at Legal's four different times on our five-day stay. Ridiculous? Perhaps. Twice, it was just the two of us, and twice it was with business associates.

After the first very good lunch, we happened here again for a late dinner because others wanted to go--and then we landed here again for another dinner, and then again for lunch on our last day.

The food was always well prepared, the staff quite good (except, perhaps, on our first day at lunch, but clearly the excellent food transcended the waiter's having a bad day). My husband wanted to keep going back for the freshly exquisite oysters; I was impressed with the wood-grilled equivalent of a "mixed seafood grill," which was just wonderful, and at our last lunch during our visit, I enjoyed the Mediterranean Salmon, which featured accompanying hummus and Greek-inspired sauce. Very nice.

Yes, I know, it's a chain that seems to get bigger all the time. But Legal Sea Foods helps me pose the question as follows: If the food's this good, does its being a chain really matter?

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!