“Convenient meal after day of shopping”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 3,331 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth Street
Transit: Copley (Green Line) or Back Bay (Orange Line) “T” stop.
Description: We know shopping induces hunger - and Legal Sea Foods reels in those who want to splash down for a meal or grab-and-go. Our restaurant is located on the upper level of Copley Place, with direct indoor access to both the Westin and Marriott hotels as well as to the Prudential Center. Panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows overlook Boston's historic South End. Here the views and the seafood are second to none.
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting from MD so we Marylanders have high expectations of crab. I ordered the crab roll with king crab. Although its not the crab we are used to it was pretty good. They used a lot of crab meet. I wish they added something to it for taste like scallions or old bay. My husband ordered the fish sandwich which was very flavorful. And you must order the onion strings! Delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I was in town for business working at the Boston Public Library, so I wandered to Copley at lunch time. They seated me at a table next to the window with a spactacular view of the city. I ordered a lunch special - crab cake with two sides. Everything was fresh and tasty. And the rolls, crusty on the outside, fluffy on the inside. Served warm! I was a little surprised at the prices, but overall a very enjoyable meal. Attentive service, without hovering.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I have eaten at Legal seafood each of the times that I have been to Boston. The crab cakes here were very good. Nothing quite says Boston to me like Legal Seafood with the Sox on in the background. Although this is a chain, I enjoy the food at Legal.

Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

I've eaten at many Legal Sea Foods and in general have been very pleased with the experiences. I tried the healthier version of their famous clam chowder this time and wasn't overly impressed. The Greek salad topped with crab meat was pretty great though. Service was super slow but the place was packed so not a big deal. At checkout they brought a hand held machine to the table and swiped my card right there. The waiter basically stands there while you enter their tip right in front of them. This is awkward and made me feel pressured to tip more than I might have otherwise. For this reason alone I will not be quick to dine here again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Whenever I'm in Boston, I usually eat at Legal, since I can predict a good meal. Not usually exceptional, but solidly good. On this Saturday night visit, food was as expected - good clam chowder, if a little underseasoned. Great wood grilled seafood assortment. Fish and shrimp were great. Scallops were a little gritty. But what set this visit apart was the exceptional service! From the moment I walked in, the hostesses greeted me with a warm and sincere hello. Although I had a reservation for one, a table was not available, but plenty of bar seats were. I was promptly greeted by a bartender who shared the specials and took my drink order. She was attentive, yet not overbearing. She made an exceptional wine recommendation and continued to serve me with a smile. This visit was so great, I had to ask for a manager, to tell them how wonderful it was. I'm definitely coming back to Copley and hope the service continued.