“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 3,185 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Dartmouth Street
Transit: Copley (Green Line) or Back Bay (Orange Line) “T” stop.
Description: We know shopping induces hunger - and Legal Sea Foods reels in those who want to splash down for a meal or grab-and-go. Our restaurant is located on the upper level of Copley Place, with direct indoor access to both the Westin and Marriott hotels as well as to the Prudential Center. Panoramic floor-to-ceiling windows overlook Boston's historic South End. Here the views and the seafood are second to none.
Clear Lake City, Texas
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

I haven't had anything bad from this place! Highly recommend! Clam Choder is amazing and the Oysters were perfect!

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hannibal, Missouri, USA
“Average. Kind of boring.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Ok, maybe I'm spoiled, I don't know, but if this is standard Legal Seafood, then I don't get what all the hype is about.
We went last night, a Saturday around 8:00 and there was no wait. We were seated promptly in a nice booth. The restaurant itself is ok, but needs a remodel in my opinion. I decided to go with the cod fillet, onion rings, and cole slaw, my husband ordered crab cake with shrimp and scallops. My cod was good, but just an average cut. Not thick and not a very big serving. Onion rings were good, but kind of greasy, cole slaw, delicious. My husbands crab cake was made with lump crab meat and it looked good and he said it was good. But the portion sizes were small. He got only 1 skewar of maybe 5 (very small) shrimp and maybe 4 scallops. The flavors were good, but nothing exceptional. For dessert, my husband opted for Boston Cream Pie and it was delicious.
Will we return? Probably not. But only because we know there are better places for seafood out there at better prices. We're all about the food.

• Visited December 2012
UK
“Great service , good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Went on a Saturday lunch with a friend and her young daughter, bar staff were great food was up to usual LSF standards

Visited December 2012
NH
“Great food with a view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My business associates were in from Japan and wanted what else, seafood. Took them to Legal at Copley. We were sat down right away at the window. It was a beautiful sunny day. All of our was food was fresh and very tasty. No room for dessert. LOL. Our food came out fairly quickly and our waitress was very nice. The atmosphere is warm and inviting. A great spot for a family, friends, business meeting or with your honey. I'll be back for sure.

• Visited November 2012
milano
“Fresh fish, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

It was my second time at legal seafood. The clam chowder is nice and creamy. I had steam lobster this time and it was good and fresh (i think the stuffed one is better). Service is attentive, glass are always full. We were in a big group and they served our main at the same time.
I would go back again! You know what you get!

• Visited September 2012