“Good for Lunch - Don't go for ambience”
Review of Morse Fish Company

Morse Fish Company
Ranked #717 of 3,393 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighborhood: South End
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This retail outlet has had three owners since 1909. Located a ten minute walk from Tufts Medical Center on Washington Street, it doubles as a retail fish market and a great place for a lobster roll, haddock sandwich, or a variety of other fish. The fried clams were breaded and very good. The lobster roll is overpriced with lettuce and celery added as a filler. Butyter on the roll disguises the previously frozen lobster. My wife says she won't go back, but I certainly will. Prices are very fair and the experience interesting.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Morse provided my introduction to the world of lobster rolls. If it gets any better than this, I am in trouble!! Going back for the fried fish tomorrow. Prices are excellent!!

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've shopped here for fresh fish in the past - the fish is very fresh which is good - used to live around the corner. Not fancy - and the locals (not the yuppie locals) really do eat here. I don't really like battered fried seafood - but if you want this type of food - this is the closest to a clam shack that you're going to get in the city.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Morse Fish Company in the now, uber-chic South End of Boston is a find. Before the South End became popular and cool, Morse was serving high quality seafood to locals (both cooked and as a fish market). And it still is. Most order for take out, but there are a few tables. It's a 60's seafood shack in a building. And that's a very good thing. The lights are way too bright and the atmosphere isn't...but if it's a fresh seafood feast you're looking for, you'll be glad you came. No beer, wine or dishes...just excellent, honest, excellent seafood.

1  Thank FlyingGardenGuy
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My colleague and I were on the search for our first ever lobster roll in Boston and Yelp had wonderful reviews for this place. We walked right by it - it's a seafood market with a food counter in the back where you can order food. I recommended to another colleague who was in town and she also tried the crabcakes and said they were the best she had ever had! Laughed because it's no frills - we sat down while waiting for the food and the guy behind the counter yelled out "lobster rolls" in his Boston accent which we didn't immediately understand. He said "hey, we don't serve here! Gotta come get it!" Loved the atmosphere!

3  Thank smb4x4

Been to Morse Fish Company? Share your experiences!