“Big taste....little restorante”

Ristorante Saraceno
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Saraceno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #187 of 3,264 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We just stumbled in on this one. It was Sunday and the streets were PACKED in the Italian district. We came upon this little gem by accident and decided what the heck. We tend to find smaller places have some of the better food and this was no exception. The saltimboca was excellent as were the escargot. A bit pricey if you are on a budget. The tiramisu was heavenly.

There are newer reviews for Ristorante Saraceno

Reviewed September 5, 2009

Visited by chance with wife and grandson Sept4, 09. I had the Osso Buco evening special- which was perfect - very tender, flavorful and a large portion. Served with pasta with excellent tomato sauce. Wife requested spaghetti with oil and garlic. While not on the menu- it was judged very good. Done perfectly with the right amount of sauce blends. The grandson greatly enjoyed the veal parmagian with pasta. The friendly waiter recommended an inexpensive chianti which was the perfect addition to the meal- as was the fresh, crusty bread. One of the better Italian meals (and we've had a great many) we've enjoyed.

Reviewed July 2, 2009

Coming from New York City I think the best Italian in major cities is outside of "little Italy" neighborhoods. Especially since most are no longer inhabited exclusively by Italian families, although many still operate restaurants. These areas have become tourist dining traps.

Saraceno is, as has been indicated by other reviewers, warm and intimate with a friendly staff. The service was pretty good. I ordered the gnocchi, my daughter the egg plant parmesan, and my son and neice plain pasta with butter. We had the fried calamari appetizer as well.

The calamari was bland. My wife found the sole salty and not fresh. It was also so thinly sliced that it lacked body and was drenched in butter lemon sauce. Avoid it. The egg plant parmesan, according to my daughter, did not taste good. It was a soupy mess after a few bits. I liked the gnocchi. Given the lack of quality in the food it is not worth the price.

I was surprised by our food experience at Saraceno given its high rating on TA. I would consider returning, but recommend others avoid the fish, calamari and egg plant parmesan.

1  Thank cwatNyc
Reviewed May 31, 2009

I like this restaurant! It's unpretentious, friendly and the kind of place you want to go back to over and over again to explore the menu. The food is tasty and satisfying. The service is helpful and efficient. The prices are fair. The atmosphere is comfortable; you can almost imagine yourself in Italy here.

Try the chicken in white wine sauce. The house Pinot Grigio is excellent.

1  Thank HiIslandsGuy
Reviewed January 26, 2009

The North end of Boston is full of great Italian restaurants, but this one is one of the best. Service is warm friendly and attentive, the food is outstanding. Try the Choppino if you want a real treat or the Lobster Fra Dia Vallo both a real bargain for the quality and price. I've never tried dessert there, we always go a couple of doors down to Mikes Pastry for the best Riccotta Pie or cannolis .

1  Thank sourdoughought