“Best meal we had in Boston”

Ristorante Saraceno
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Saraceno is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 3,229 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
Louisiana
“Best meal we had in Boston”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We found Saraceno's on the recommendation of a local while exploring the North End. It was so good we went back a second time. The atmosphere was quaint and inviting. The service was attentive and friendly. They were very helpful in choosing a wine. The food was excellent, the best Italian I have had. It was the perfect place for a relaxing meal after a day of exploring.

• Visited November 2012

• Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
“Eggplant Parm Yum”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like eggplant parm and have tried it at several restaurants in Boston's North End. By far this restaurant has the best! And yes I have had other things on the menu and they are all great but my favorite is the eggplant! Lunch offers bargains, dinner is moderately priced.

• Visited January 2013
Boston, Mass.
“Good Food, Good Service, Good Times at a Boston Original”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our party of 12 ran quite a bit late thanks to the double overtime Denver Ravens playoff game last Saturday night. No troubles as Saraceno was good enough to hold our table as 9 or 10 of us straggled in to celebrate my 50th. Has been a few years since I last dined here as we've been trying a few of the newer places and a few in the burbs as well. Thankfully nothing changed ! Food was hot, fresh and a nice portion also. Several of us had Veal Parm, the ole stand bye. Comes with homemade pasta whereas a few of the other veal dishes came only with a few potatoes, that was a disappointment to some. Service was fantastic and server was very patient with our somewhat loud and rowdy group. Ask for a table on the second floor overlooking Hanover street.

• Visited January 2013
Stoughton, Massachusetts
“One of my original favorites”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is one of the first restaurants I ever went to in the North End. I continue to go back because the food is still good about 15 years later! Right on Hanover street they are reasonably priced, friendly and beautifully decorated

Visited March 2012
MA
“Ristorante Saraceno”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I dined at this restaurant just before Christmas. The food was fabulous and I raved about it all week to coworkers. The problem with this place is that the main dining area is small and when the door opens it can get really cold. We were seated up front but were getting blasted out by the cold every time the door opened, so we asked to be moved. No problem - they moved us immediately. It was a Saturday night and it was crowded. Today, a Sunday at 12:45 p.m., we stopped in again. There was one other table occupied. Otherwise, we were the only other people in the restaurant. We were met by a waitress who wanted to seat us in the front (right next to the door). When we protested about that, she had such an attitude. It's not like they were busy. We said we would not stay if it was cold sitting at that table, and she said "suit yourself." At this point, we thought it best just to leave. We went down the street to another restaurant. Now here's the difference - it was slow there too (because it was early) and the waitress said "sit wherever you want." There's the difference. I don't care how good the food is; catering to the customer is everything.

• Visited December 2012