“Good food. I've been going there since I was like five.”
Review of Ida's Restaurant - CLOSED

Ida's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North End
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good food. I've been going there since I was like five.”
Reviewed December 13, 2007

Good food. I've been going there since I was like five.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Albany, NY
“Don't Take Advice From Strangers!”
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This being our first visit to Boston and the North End, we decided to talk to native Bostonians about where to eat in the North End - a good, stick to your bones Italian meal without all the touristy hype - and, we were told to find Ida's .....a restaurant not on the major street (Hanover Street) but rather in an alley behind it (which we thought would add to the ambiance even more). So, after getting there 45 minutes early - we walked around the neighborhood until the restaurant opened. Very small restaurant (perhaps only 10 tables) but....my first impression was there were no 'good smells' of cooking (i.e.: sauces, bread, etc.) but, since this place came highly recommended, we opted to stay. I'm Italian and, I must say, I make a wonderful spagetti and meatballs so....for me to order that must say something for the fact that this looked like the place that I was going to get a meal to talk about for a long time - WRONG! First bite of my meatball was grizzle - a total turnoff for me. The sauce (the staple of true Italian cooking) was nothing more than crushed tomatoes - no spices, no simmering for hours.....just crushed tomatoes! My husband, who had waited for hours just to get a true Italian meal was even more disappointed than I was. So, instead of relying on opinions from locals (who probably were not Italian so didn't know what they were missing), we'll find another way to locate a true Italian experience!