“It didn't give me goosebumps”

Ristorante Villa Francesca
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Villa Francesca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #416 of 3,273 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: North End
Cross street: Hanover Street
Transit: Haymarket and Government Center--A quick walk up Hanover Street brings you to our step.
Description: Villa Francesca is one of Boston's oldest North End restaurants. Enjoy Italian cuisine inspired by the recipes of Francesca and the Guglielmo family. Fresh seafood, pastas, prime cut chops and steaks arrive daily for you dining pleasure. We love seafood just as much as you do and have designed a Prix Fixe 3-course Seafood menu available every night!Enjoy an intimate candlelit night or a night out with friends to make your special event a night to remember. Our restaurant can facilitate your event needs by booking one of the private function spaces for any special occasion.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I wouldn't come back. Food was average. Service was meh.
I used to envy those people sitting inside the restaurant by the window, looking towards the street. They looked like they were having the best meal ever.
Not really. I don't remember what I ordered but I will not come back... not unless they say they have new management, new chef, new menu...

1  Thank nancyscuba

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Nice evening out in the North End. My wife and I visited on a Saturday night with a 6:30pm reservation. We arrived about 30 minutes early and hostess was more than happy to seat us early. We had a window seat in the dining room, which was a little tight, but the couples seated around us were very nice allowing for some light hearted interaction amongst the tables. Our waiter was attentive and pleasant. And we thought the food was excellent. I had the Gamberoni Gondola and my wife had the Calamari Fettucini. Both were delicious and the portions were just right. We would return for another visit.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stopped in one night to have a few drinks at the bar. This restaurant was right around the corner from where we were staying. I drank Italian wine and Diane had Espresso martinis that night. We ended up talking to the owner and having a great time and told him we would return for dinner another night. We returned our last night in Boston and had a great meal and a lot of fun. Diane had the Broiled Sole and I had Pasta Carbonara. Everything was really good.

1  Thank Bob H
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Went to Villa Francesca as part of restaurant week and loved all of the dishes we had. I ordered the steamed mussels, which had to be some of the best mussels I have ever had, with a lemon and garlic flavoring. I also ordered the fetticini calamari, which also was nice and light. The calamari was cooked right so that it did not become rubbery and was not breaded, which made the dish much lighter than it could have been. My friend had the bruschetta which was also delicious as well chicken cutlet (can't remember the name), which had a very generous portion. We both had caramel custard for dessert as part of the dine out menu. Overall, would highly recommend it for people looking for lighter fare in the North End, especially if you like seafood.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

It’s easy to be overwhelmed (and dismayed) by the lines to get into many of the restaurants along Hanover Street in the North End, but this restaurant is nice option just off the main drag. They offer additional seating downstairs with exposed brick and rock. It was cozy. They specialize in seafood, and their portions were generous. If you’re into traditional dishes like spaghetti and meatballs or lasagna (red sauce dishes), then check the menu at the door. The food really was very good, but not your normal list of dishes.