“Great food- lovely setting- good for a group! A rarity!”

Stephanie's on Newbury
Reserve with OpenTable
Stephanie's on Newbury is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 3,329 Restaurants in Boston
Cross street: Exeter Street
Transit: Copley
Description: Sophisticated Comfort Food
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I rarely am happy at restaurants with large groups. You often can't hear each other, service is slow etc etc. Not the case with Stephanies. 13 of us were set at a table in a middle room, near the kitchen. Although people came and went around us, it actually felt intimate and we could hear each other. There was only one server for us, but because she was excellent and we were near the kitchen, we did not experience the long delays for drink and food. In fact, we came in after a group of 30 and were a little worried, but the food was so fast you never would have known.
And it was good. Really good. I arrived ahead to talk about low sodium options and they were very accommodating in serving me an excellent grilled fish and steamed veggie meal. I loved the setting, and it was a very interesting menu.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I was really looking forward to eating g here again, having really enjoyed it on my last visit to Boston.... However on this performance I wouldn't go again.

I was looking forward to my Cod served on chowder with prosciutto and potatoes, however the chowder was a thin salty liquid, infact I think it was just milk, plus it was cold. The potatoes where way too garlicky and I love garlic and the cod was tasteless.

The shepherds pie was bland and served in a hollowed out squash shell which looked and tasted like it was perhaps a tyre in an earlier life!

On a positive note our waitress was charming and the wine list extensive and well priced.

Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful salads, impeccable service . We were seated without fuss on a busy lunchtime. Great service ! We enjoyed salads and soup .

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Would have been great if my roasted chicken hadn't been over-cooked. Dry & tasteless. However, the hash of potatoes, apples and leeks, as well as the sauteed greens with garlic that accompanied were delicious. The bread basket had a nice selection - don't miss the irish soda bread. Fried calamari appetizer was light and crispy. And we managed to squeeze in some warm bittersweet chocolate cake for dessert that went nicely with a hot cup of coffee. Servers were very attentive - top notch!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

After a delayed flight from Europe to Boston, we were with a party of six and and needed a quick meal. We ended up in Stephanie's. What a warm welcome. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I had a tasty raw tuna appetizer and a skirt steak with frites as a main course. The meals were served quickly and, not unimportant, simultaneously for all the people in our party. The combination of good and quick service and more than average food was just what we needed. We will come back.