“Afternoon drinks??”

M. J. O'Connor's Irish Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
M. J. O'Connor's Irish Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #201 of 3,263 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Irish, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: MJ O'Connor's is a modern Irish pub where you can gather with friends to linger over an inventive menu and late night bites. Grab a seat at our lively bar or relax in our cozy dining room for a modern take on traditional pub dining.
Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for an afternoon drink. Service was quick tried the Just Curious on draft it had a hint of Lemon.. It was actually pretty good. Tried the turkey wrap with a side of mix veggies. All was good. Only negative was a local who sat at the bar and voice carried.. He talked freely about all rounchy topics. Looking forward to trying it again.

There are newer reviews for M. J. O'Connor's Irish Pub

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The service was very good and price was reasonable. We went to have a pint and watch the hockey playoffs. It was a bit crowded at the bar so we had to wait a few minutes for a table.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is an upscale Irish pub theme restaurant. I sat at the bar and had a classic martini that was great. The bartender was quick and friendly. I didn't eat dinner but others at the bar seemed to enjoy their meals. Typical pub menu with slight upscale recipes and presentation. The decor was lots of wood and very clean with fresco paintings on the ceiling and walls.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

As Mr. Nixon said, I want to make one thing perfectly clear: I did not eat any food in this pub. I dropped in on two occasions for a quick glass of wine at the bar in the early evening. This is a review of the ambiance, service, and bar scene.

O'Connor's is a friendly, cozy, appropriately dimly-lit establishment of the generic Irish type, though being in Boston, it has a tinge more genuineness than most. I dropped in there a couple of times and was not tempted to eat; though the happy hour menu (4-7) was inexpensive, there was nothing there that I could eat because I was going through one of my episodic vegan phases at the time.

Though I cannot write about the quality and flavor of the food, I can indeed write about the choice of food that was available, which was normal Irish pub fare. In all likelihood dishes such as boxty wedges with cheese dip and mini-sausages are both traditionally Irish and delicious, but they were off my personal radar. A vegan choice or three should, as a matter of principle, be available, in view of the exponentially increasing number of people adopting the vegan lifestyle, at least on an episodic basis.

Instead of food, I enjoyed a bright, fruity and reasonably priced glass or two of Cabernet at the bar. Service was prompt and attentive. Regrettably, I have forgotten the waitron's name, but he was excellent.

Had a number of healthier food choices been available, I would certainly have eaten there, and the establishment would have enjoyed an above-average rating.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Simple menu that has something for everyone. Friendly staff and good food. Great for dinner or a late night snack.

Been to M. J. O'Connor's Irish Pub? Share your experiences!