“Great subs!”

Cuisines: Deli, Pizza, Seafood
Neighborhood: South End
Neighborhood: South End
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Large portions of meat on their subs, cooked right in front of you. Great and friendly atmosphere.

2  Thank JoeMCanada

Reviewed March 19, 2012

They serve decent Greek style pizza and salads and subs too if you're in the mood for a quick OK nosh. It's clean and the staff is pleasant and the big windows unto the street facing towards the Boston Center for the Arts provide a nice view of the busy South End neighborhood.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

It is an ok pizza in Back bay are. they delliver and tastes ok. Not very expensive. Worthy if you are tyred to go out and want something to eat.

Reviewed September 2, 2009

This past weekend my wife and I were in Boston and were unable to leave the apartment we were staying in and had to call for take-out. We perused delivery dot com and were convinced that their was no where in Boston to get an entree for less than $20. We remembered passing Emilio's and on a whim I did a quick search for it on-line. While they don't have a dedicated website, I was able to find a copy of their menu. For $35 dollars my wife and I were able to get a gyro, chicken caeser salad, onion rings, chicken wings, and greek salad. Any one of these would have been enough for the two of us to have for lunch. We were given enough food for us to eat lunch, have dinner and still enough to sneak a quit midnight snack.
The staff is hard-working yet still had time to be polite and cordial.

Would you go here for an elegant dinner...heck no. But, for a reasonable lunch, dinner or take-out...this is definately the place.

I will be back in a month so I will try the pizza.

Reviewed April 23, 2009

You are instantly greeted at the door ,usually by Emilio himself from behind a long counter. The place is not fancy by any means , but there is lots of seating along the large windows after you have ordered. The kitchen staff is in full view and a very ethnic and entertaining staff it is.It is the kind of local joint you see in the movies.Get your own drink out of the cooler,be seated and take in the urban atmosphere both inside and out. Lots of regulars here of every diversity ! All are welcome. The food is predominantly Greek,Italian with american sandwich favorites all customized without complaint to your desire. One guy ordered a cheesesteak salad with wings ,hot sauce and blue cheese on top (Buffalo Style) Not on the menu but served up without a fuss.
The highlight to me has always been the Gyro Dinner with fries and a HUGE Greek salad with a zesty creamy dressing. This plus size portion is only @ 10 bucks with drink and the Gyro comes with the works !
They serve till late and the crown gets more colorful when the sun goes down. Great deli salads and even fried seafood dinners!

Been to Emilios Pizza & Sub Shop? Share your experiences!