“Was not looking good to try”
Review of Ernesto's Pizza

Ernesto's Pizza
Ranked #106 of 3,307 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: North End
Reviewed January 4, 2013

First of all, I'm sorry for writing a review without actually trying their stuff, but my excuse is I wanted to, came there, and want to warn my tripadvisor fellows: you'd better look for some other place.

This pizzeria looked pretty dirty inside, and what I didn't like is many pizzas were already prepared and were offered by slice. I mean, it is Ok, but it is a type of junk-pizza then. Good pizza must be prepared to order, be right from the oven, and be eaten in seconds after coming to your table!
I'm not a big fan of ordering pizzas for to-go, cause my Italian friends taught me that "eat right from the oven" rule, and I believe them.

Ernesto's Pizza looked like it was laying there for couple days waiting for you. It is just not right. It is not fresh enough to order.

So, after all those reviews we came there, I just didn't want to order anything... Saw those slices, and didn't want to try to order the whole pizza or whatever. Doesn't look appetizing.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Santarpios #1, Regina # 2, Ernesto #3!!! Amazing flavor. Great varity!! Small, quainte, distingused. Reall nice for a summer lucnh. You won't be dissappointed.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

After reading so many good reviews here, I must admit that I was really looking to forward to trying their pizza. I went on a Wednesday night around 5 pm and we were placing our order within minutes. The younger guy behind the counter provided fast, friendly, service. As for the pizza, I had the plain cheese slices and I found them to be a little skimpy on the cheese. Also, the slices were nowhere near warm/hot. They were actually lukewarm to almost cold. The taste of the pizza was ok. The dough had a nice, light feel to it and the sauce tasted pretty good. It is my opinion that Ernesto's provided a filling meal for not a lot of money. I don't think it fair to give them a negative review, however, after only eating here once.

2  Thank Thoratron
Reviewed January 2, 2013

As you walk by Ernesto's, the smell of hot pizza entices you to enter. There are approximately 10 small tables in this pizzeria and you can order a whole pizza (about $16-18) or by the slice. A slice is really two large slices and more than enough to fill one person. Highly recommend you check this place out (on Salem Street)!

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We used to come here twenty years ago when we lived in Boston
We were visiting with our boys and wanted to take them to our old faves.
We could not remember he name but knew the location so we were thrilled to walk in there after so long
I had two slices of chicken jalapeño pizza as did my older son
My husband had the Sicilian pizza and my younger son had the cheese pizza
There are many flavors to choose from so just because we were not that adventurous do not think that the choices are limited
There ate great calzones, we just could not wait the 20 minutes it takes to make them
Pizza was REALLY good!
Be back tomorrow before we leave Boston!