“Great Food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of 29 Newbury Street - CLOSED

29 Newbury Street
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Back Bay
Cross street: Berkeley and Arlington
Transit: Arlington Stop on Green Line
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

We sat outside, beautiful evening. We split an order of calamari with a spicy aioli. Delicious and the calamari was very tender and mild. We each had the lobster and crab burger. It was huge, filling and very rich. It came with a side salad, onion rings and cole slaw (which was OK). Our server was very nice and personable. Very nice way to spend our last evening in Boston.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Rude service, ok food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

So went here with a very dear friend who had hung out at this place which is restaurant and bar, while in college in Boston. I go to Boston a few times each year to shop, but had never been to this place. We had an ok meal, lunch -- with no drinks our two salads and iced teas were over $50 before tip. After I paid the bill I asked if I could have a couple of dollars in quarters for Boston's horrible parking meters, many of which still require coins. I was told "Sorry, no we do not have quarters to spare." I was sorry I had already left a good tip. No spare quarters in a bar? For a customer who spent $50 for lunch? Really?

The place is also very shabby, my friend observed it did not seem to have been refreshed since he had been there a decade before.

Not forgivable, and never again.

• Visited September 2012
Cary, North Carolina
“Expensive even for Boston”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stopped for what we thought was going to be a late lunch that turned into an early supper. Turns out we sat down just as they were taking up the lunch menus and wouldn't let us order from them. We sat outside. Not a bad sidewalk cafe but there turned out to be a lot of birds & flies attracted to the various food items on the ground. Our waiter kind of disappeared after delivering our meals & I had to hunt for him to get our bill. It was too expensive for my taste - even for Boston restaurants. My wife had a vegatable risotto which wasn't bad but it was $18. i had a soft shell crab fettuccni which was good but overpriced at $30. 1 glass of house white wine was $9. We simply will not eat there again. There are far better & less expensive restaurants in Boston.

• Visited September 2012
Pamplona, Spain
“Unpolite waitres”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

Nice place, not bad food but we were bad treated by a rude unpolite asiatic waitres, it was a very sunny day an she places us in the single table without any shadow, when we requested to change to another table she said ir was not possible and left us with the Word in the mouth in a very unpolite way.

1 Thank arribal
“Tasty outdoor sidewalk cafe.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Clean & refined. You can go for a romantic dinner or a business lunch. Indoor warm lighting or outdoor sidewalk cafe. My favorite burger is there, as well as to die for mussels! Crisp, clean salads all at middle prices. Bartender Is nice if u feel like eating quickly at the bar.

• 5 of 5 bubbles