“Worst service ever”

Ranked #276 of 3,206 Restaurants in Boston
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: After 18 years of rocking Copley Square, the Hard Rock Cafe Boston opened its doors in the vibrant Faneuil Hall area at 22-24 Clinton Street in 2007. Our venue is one of the city’s largest entertainment destinations with more than 16,000-square feet of space including a 514-seat restaurant, our Cavern Club featuring billiards, live music and special events, and a Rock Shop offering Hard Rock’s iconic and collectible merchandise. Live music every Friday and Saturday night!
Bloomington
“Worst service ever”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I was very excited to stop by the Hard Rock Cafe as we do not have one in our city, with all the other choices in the area, we still chose this one to have a few cocktails and purchase a few items from the gift shop. We walked in and there was plenty on spots open at the bar, however, when we sat down the bartender completely ignored us. He walked past us at least 5 times and still nothing, my husband even took his wallet out and placed it on the bar and still nothing. The bartender was to interested on hitting on the woman at the far end of the bar then serving us. So we got up and left and didn't spend a dime in the place. We walked down the street to cheers and were served right away even though the place was wall to wall people and no place to sit. I work in the service industry and have done so for the past 15 years and I have never had such horrible service. If that was my staff, they no longer would be employed for me. I wouldn't recommend this place as there are plenty of other bars that are just as close and want your business.

• Visited August 2013
Dayna B, Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am sorry to hear about your experience with us as we take negative visits very seriously. I will absolutely follow up with the bar team to let them know about your concerns and make sure this does not happen again. I hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip into the city!

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Halifax, Canada
“First time here! Amazing experience!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stepping into the Hard Rock Cafe in Boston was pretty amazing. The walls are filled with memorabilia from musicians like Madonna, Donna Summer, The Rolling Stones and many more amazing artists. Our server was fantastic and encouraged us to walk around the restaurant and check out and take photos! The food was amazing, we both had a burger that was scrumptious! I cannot wait to come back to Hard Rock!

• Visited July 2013
Dayna B, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello Roy, and thank you very much for your review. From your description it looks like you were able to walk around the entire cafe to view the different pieces of memorabilia, and I hope you found some pieces that resonated for you. We hope that you come visit us again on your next visit to Boston!
Surrey
“Great burgers, great service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

To be honest, there are so many food stalls in the market by Faneuil Hall that you are spoiled for choice - but it was just SO HOT! We opted to go inside to cool down and were greeted at the Hard Rock Cafe by enthusiastic staff and wonderfully efficient air conditioning.

We had a great waitress who was eager to please and made us feel very welcome. The burgers were excellent quality and came with or without garnishes and side orders, exactly as we had requested. Sounds basic but so many places get it wrong.There were unlimited refills of iced water and good cocktails.

The atmosphere was brilliant and the children left determined to visit another Hard Rock Cafe soon.

• Visited July 2013
Dayna B, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello and thank you very much for your review. I am so glad that we were able to make you feel comfortable during the horrific heatwave! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, and we hope to have you back in to the cafe very soon.
Providence, Rhode Island
“another hard rock off the list!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

love Hard rock, food is ok, but the drinks and the ambiance make up for it! This was our 21st different Hard Rock, and I have to say the food here was the best. Get the local burger, best one yet, with wicked good fries! Vibe host was great, gave good recommendations on what to see, played a song for us, and made sure we were taken care of. Biggie was our server, very friendly, and quick service even though they were slammed. Don't miss this Hard Rock!

• Visited July 2013
Hello and thank you very much for your review. As an avid Hard Rock visitor I am thrilled that you had such a great experience when visiting our cafe! Although you check off different Hard Rock\'s from your list, please make sure to come and visit us again on your next trip to the city!
“Typical restaurant but we go to look at memorabilia not the food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We visit Hard Rocks in ever city we go to as a way to see the stuff on the walls and listen to music! My son likes them and I collect shirts. The food and service was average and the Boston location didn't offer anything special. Still we had a good time because it is part of our vacation routine.

• Visited July 2013
Dayna B, Director of Sales at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Hello and thank you very much for your review. We are so happy to be a part of your vacation routine, and I hope that you were pleased with the memorabilia at our cafe and the shirt options for your son. We look forward to your next Boston vacation when you come again to our cafe.

Been to Hard Rock Cafe? Share your experiences!